[SOLVED] Please add Easy Anticheat support for Linux!

Thanks that did it, thanks!
I find it weird that it doesn’t get installed with games that require EAC och at least somehow notify you that you need to install it.

After the runtime is added as a required dependency by AGS it will get installed automatically. Until then, it must be done manually as Steam (the app itself, not Valve the company) has no way to tell that it is a requirement when using Proton.

I tried this, just to check if it´s work on the steam deck, no problem at the menu, but at trying to enter in my server an error happened " Connection error Unable to connect to the server. Please confirm your internet access and try again." I remenber that this happened to some people of the forum a couple of months ago, but in windows, I´ll try later again.

1 Like

Dear Amazon,

This lapsed player has now returned thanks to the ability to play on Linux. Sanctioned or not, I’ll likely be spending more than I intended in the store. As small a community as Linux may be, we still have money to spend.

Peace!

1 Like

I can launch the game perfectly, up to the game loading screen. I have EAC Proton Runtime installed, and it seems to be loading it based on the log file it created. However, after a few seconds of the music playing on the loading screen, the music stutters a bit, and then stops altogether a few seconds later. At this point the game client crashes, or in one case completely froze my system and required a hard reboot (no keyboard, mouse or controller input registered, no ability to go to desktop or switch to a virtual TTY with Ctrl+Alt+F1 etc.).

Here’s the log file for EAC runtime:

[2022.04.12-13.01.19] Loader initialized.
[2022.04.12-13.01.19] [Connection] Connecting to URL: https://download.eac-cdn.com/api/v1/games/271/client/linux64/download/?uuid=6267d48d-4189-906d-f644-fe6f4d68923c
[2022.04.12-13.01.19] Download Progress: 0%.
[2022.04.12-13.01.19] Download Progress: 1%.
[2022.04.12-13.01.19] Download Progress: 1%.
[2022.04.12-13.01.19] Download Progress: 2%.
[2022.04.12-13.01.19] Download Progress: 2%.
[snipped for post length]
[2022.04.12-13.01.20] Download Progress: 99%.
[2022.04.12-13.01.20] Download Progress: 99%.
[2022.04.12-13.01.20] Download Progress: 100%.
[2022.04.12-13.01.20] [Connection] Connect result: No error (0) Response Code: 200 Destination IP: 99.86.112.9

Let the Linux users play. For Amazon it’s just a small thing, but for us it’s a universe of possibilities :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader:

2 Likes

This should be reported to valve’s proton github, as far as EAC it is functional (with workaround).

2 Likes

Oddly enough, after an update this morning the client successfully loaded into the game and worked perfectly. Either they fixed something or my shader cache built up enough to not crash the client during loading. Hooray!

1 Like

Game works perfectly fine for me on Linux. Been playing the game since a a week or maybe 10 days. (proton experimental in steam – make sure to search for EAC runtime in your library and install it first).

2 Likes

After last update, the workaround is no longer needed. The game works out of the box.

I get horrible performance in comparison to windows. Especially when loading assets.

I‘m running Garuda Linux and the Game is installed on a Samsung evo 970 NVMe

1 Like

I’m so happy that NW is working in Linux!
Now I just need to take the leap and install Linux…

1 Like

Whouaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i love so much this new <3

SOLVED! See top post for further info. THANKS AGS!

NOTE: performance at the time of writing is significantly lower on Linux than on Windows in this game for several players, but should be more than playable.

Id like to thank the people that kept this thread alive, and Rezzafr33 for finding the solution to getting everything running after AGS added the required files to the game ((NOTE: they fixed it so the workaround isnt needed now, but credit is still due!)) Yall rock.

2 Likes

It’s a pleasure to have made this post live and especially a small personal pride to have been able to give credibility to Linux :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Anyone wanna try it on SteamOS 3?

Reviews on ProtonDB are not very encouraging either on SteamDeck or Linux :expressionless:

I regret to announce that the reviews are true… NW is just unplayable on linux with my pc. I already have trouble getting stable fps on windows, linux is a horror :confused:

I would love to play NW on Linux but the stability is just non-existent :sob:

Yeah, performance is def lower. It will improve eventually, probably.

still getting freezes that last around 1 minute.

Not sure if they “fixed” or “broke” something, but as of today, 6 June 2022, the game will not launch even after following the newest update in the OP post. Clicking the play button initiates the game but the client never starts.

I’m running Fedora 36 under X11 (due to the issues of Nvidia drivers under Wayland).