[Sound Bug] Ambient music has vanished

• What is your character name in New World: Oshoa
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Evonium
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Since the last few patches more and more of the ambient music has vanished. Currently I have zero ambient music anywhere I go. The only times where I encounter some music is when I engage into a fight (the battle drums work sometimes). All the great ambient music in the settlements, the world areas etc are gone.
    I did Repair the files of my install on the computer, I even completely deinstalled the game and reinstalled it to check if this has something to do with my installment. It did not solve this issue. The music is still gone and it was one of the top tier things I enjoyed in having in this game.
    Sound effects do work, just the ambient music is gone (in the options it is turned on, turning it off and on there did not resove anything).
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug, as my sound settings are fully on (I have not disabled the ambient music).
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It makes it more boring
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

I have noticed now it vanished only in certain regions for me:

• Restless Shore → no ambient music
  • Cutlass Key → no ambient music
  • Brightwood → Music was there
  • Weavers → music was there
  • Great Cleave → Music was there

Will check again if it switches from area or if it is just in certain areas.

1 Like

The Ambient Music is inconsistently playing in Restless Shore

Yesterday I had some music playing and already thought the issue vanished, but today it was gone again. After multiple relogs it seems to play very inconsistently.

The music of the game is spectacular … hopefully they fix it soon, same problem here.

Bump please

did Lazarus last night and the audio dropped, I couldn’t hear the boss’s attack sounds or arcane explosion. it’s minor but yeah. not just ambiance, but other sounds as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.