Sound Issues while listening to Spotify

Good morning!

I’m having issues while playing New World and listening to music on Spotify. It’s hard to describe but the music tends to get choppy, like it’s lagging. The music will even slow down and then “catch up” which makes listening to music unenjoyable. It often sounds staticky like my wired headset has a poor connection.

Once I close out of New World, Spotify returns to normal and the quality of the music is great. It’s only while playing New World.

I’ve seen a few suggestions on the forums like removing the “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” and “Give exclusive mode applications priority” in the Windows Speaker Properties. Another post suggested “Disable all enhancements” in the Windows Speaker Properties as well.

Is anyone else having this issue? Has it been resolved in any other way? Are there any settings in Spotify that I can change? I’ve messed with the Internet Prioritization settings in Spotify to no success.

Thank you!

Bump and an update, I tested it with music that is stored locally on my PC and have the same issue. So it’s not internet related… Only thing I can think of is I might need to get an actual Sound Card as I do not currently have one.

Thoughts?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.