"space key" in key bindings

Ive recently changed Jump/transverse to “mouse5” from “space” & the game give you an error saying “unable to bind Space key, reserved for @ui_binding_musicnote_space which cannot be unbond” when you try changing Jump back to “space”. thank you for your time. please help.

1 Like

You could follow those steps, or accept that it’s a known bug on their end.

1 Like

had exact same issue, I fixed mine with manual edit of the

%AppData%\AGS\New World\rebindings.xml

just used notepad no change the 2 dodge key bind entries to “space”

1 Like

Same, ive lost all my rebound keys such as the arrow keys i use for movement, game is unplayable for me atm. Ive looked at my %AppData%\AGS\New World\rebindings.xml and its blank (see below) can anyone share what they have please?

Hello and welcome to the forums @DMNgreen, @FIL903, and thank you @2old2run and @EinarOdinson for your input,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with restoring your keybinds but am glad to see @2old2run has posted the best possible work around there is at present (thank you for that).

If you are continuing to experience issues with this, please try the following steps in order to troubleshoot this:

1. Please verify the integrity of game with the Steam integrity check
    How To run a Steam Integrity Check

If the issue persists after this, the scenario will require our tech team to look into your logs and follow up directly with other possibly sensitive account information that is better not posted on the forums so it would be best if you could please create a web ticket by going to Contact Us | Amazon Games.

I hope this helps and if not, do not hesitate reaching out to live support.

See you in Aeternum! :wolf:

Please read my post again, i am unable to edit the work around as my %AppData%\AGS\New World\rebindings.xml is empty. Im after someone hopefully posting there rebindings.xml so i can copy into my rebindings.xml which i can then fix the issue.

Can you advise what should be in my rebindings.xml ?

I am after the same thing but for Arrows keys from WASD

my ticket HAs not been answered even though the Kind little Lier AGS employs said 48 hours well its been over 7 days … go Figure

rebindings file will be empty until you have changed keys from the default settings,

if you are unable to change the key to the one you desire due to that error message, try to change the key to some other random key you don’t use for something else

then go check the rebindings file again and see if the entry is there

I believe the latest update fixed the error message with rebinding the spacebar key, but same error exists for some other keys

1 Like

I think the same error that was showing when the spacebar key was attempted to rebind also exists for the arrow keys

Im also waiting for a reply, been over 72hrs now. This is obviously a bug as many people have same issues :frowning:

Hello Aeternum Dwellers,

I am sorry to hear the troubleshooting did not clear this for you. Please note this has been addressed in the latest update but if you continue to have issues with this, you will need to create a support ticket, as mentioned in my first post, and continue communication via that channel directly.

See you in Aeternum! :wolf:

" it was NOT fixed in the Latest update " so please confirm before replying

Also as per both of our replys we have tickets open (mines being 8 days old) and the other chap for 72 hours, so asking us to create a ticket seems pointless when its been done

i even tagged Kay and Lux and Shadow but no reply either

but its not a total loss less time spent on NW is a good thing but it sucks i cannot do my chest runs and ore farming for 2 hours i am on per day because yet again AGS sucks at coding…

1 Like

Fix action here.

1 Like

Has anyone figured this out yet? I edited the %AppData%\AGS\New World\rebindings.xml but it still did not work. The arrow keys are listed but they do not actually work for movement. I submitted a ticket but the response was to do all the things I have already done.

nope in this weeks bugged thread I mentioned YET again the devs but nothing so far

@Kay @Shadow_Fox HOT FIX TODAY PLS !!!

I edit the %AppData%\AGS\New World\rebindings.xml and now is working.

The easy way is asigng valid keys to the keys you want to edit, then you have the text to edit in the rebindings.xml and you can change the key name for the one you want to use.

For example to use the arrow keys to move in the rebindings.xml you have this

<profile version="74">
 <actionmap name="movement">
  <action name="moveleft_onpress">
   <rebind device="keyboard" input="Left" defaultInput="a"/>
  </action>
    <action name="moveforward_onpress">
   <rebind device="keyboard" input="Up" defaultInput="w"/>
  </action>
  <action name="moveright_onpress">
   <rebind device="keyboard" input="Right" defaultInput="d"/>
  </action>
  <action name="moveleft">
  </action>
    <action name="moveback_onpress">
   <rebind device="keyboard" input="Down" defaultInput="s"/>
  </action>
  <action name="moveright">
  </action>
  <action name="moveforward">
  </action>
   <action name="moveback">
  </action>
1 Like
<profile version="74">
 <actionmap name="movement">
  <action name="moveleft_onpress">
  </action>
    <action name="moveforward_onpress">
  </action>
  <action name="moveright_onpress">
  </action>
  <action name="moveleft">
  </action>
    <action name="moveback_onpress">
  </action>
  <action name="moveright">
  </action>
  <action name="moveforward">
  </action>
   <action name="moveback">
  </action>
2 Likes

You Sir are a life / Wrist Saver Thanks

Amazing you can answer / do something that a support ticket over 2 weeks old and the @Kay the developers Failed to do for 3/4 weeks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.