This is an exploit that allows one to have the 10% speed boost for as long as you want from the musket passive perk that gives 10% speed boost when enemies are within 8 meters. If you run alongside an enemy or animal for long enough, my tests indicate 2-4 seconds is enough, the 10% speed boost triggers and stays active until you put the musket away or swap weapons. Therefore you can have the 10% speed boost as long as you’d like.
- What is your character name in New World: KimchiBenny
- What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ophir
- Describe the issue you are experiencing: 10% speed boost is lasting too long
- Is this a bug or an exploit: exploit
- (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
- (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
- (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: New World Musket Speed Boost Bug - YouTube
- What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
- Buy the “10% speed boost when within 8 meters of an enemy” passive musket perk
- Run along side an enemy or more easily an animal for approximately 2-4 seconds, initiating the speed boost
- Now the exploit becomes active and you have the boost for as long as you have your musket out.
See video for details.