Split stack storage transfer fee bugged

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: juaxE
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Bifrost
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Transferring a split stack of items from one storage to another remotely cost way more than expected. UI shows the amount for split stack but when you make the transfer it calculates it based on the full stack.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I lost a lot of gold.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  1. Have multiple of an item in one storage controlled by your faction
  2. Transfer a fraction of said stack of items to another storage controlled by your faction
  3. Get a fee bigger than shown on the UI
1 Like

Yeah I can confirm! EU Hades

I can confirm and have video of this. I’ve literally lost thousands in gold to this BS and just today realized it. :frowning:

I can confirm this as of 10/7 5AM CST. Playing on Dominora. Tried to transfer 200 thick hide for 134 gold. It cost over 2k, I did this twice before noticing that the 9k I had was now 4k. I was in the process of making some items to sell to get over 10k to buy my first house.

Also able to replicate after losing a unsurmountable amount of gold. Essentially you still get charged the full amount of the split regardless of how much you split. So if you have a pile of 1000 starmetal ingots and it costs 4k to transfer the full stack but you just split off 10 and transfer, you still pay the 4k.

I signed up to report this bug as well after noticing my money mysteriously vanishing.

Here’s a video: New World_2021.10.11-21.43_1

As others have said, you get charged for the full stack even if you only transfer a single item. In the video, I lose exactly 33.57 coins; the full stack price for the 395x Gunpowder, when I transferred only one.

This completely ruins any kind of serious stash management.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.