State of New World Post 1.05

1.0.5 went live with some pretty big fixes on some game breaking exploits. What is everyone’s opinion moving on from here about the game?

Personally, as a player and a content creator on Twitch, these were good fixes obviously and shows that AGS is doing what needs to be done to fix this game. It’s a START on making this game playable the way it is supposed to be played, key word START. There is a lot to do still before people will start slowly coming back, but this was a step in the right direction. Am I like oh this is amazing you guys are wrong about AGS and the bugs/exploits, no but things are starting to look a little better.

There’s a lot to be done and IDK if the player base will recover to its first week glory but the next few months will be critical.

I think a PTR is good and bad because yea the bugs/exploits are discovered but the wow factor and unboxing excitement takes a hit. It’s nice to see a new weapon and them starting to roll out more content but this first rollout is a bit underwhelming It’s really just the void gauntlet, some in game diversification, a few QOL changes, and the subsequent questing. As far as endgame content goes nothing really exciting rather than the data mine “leak” and player’s imaginations running wild with that. I am happy to see them doing this though in the midst of all the fixing.

You can want to do all the quests and max all the weapons and trade skills out but a real end game gives the players the choice of what path they what to go down. Yes it’s still the first month and I’m more than willing to wait for the next roll out but this is something AGS really needs to concentrate on ONCE the big bugs/exploits are smoothed out if they care about the longevity of the game. MMOs live and die by the content is king sword and the content needs to mainly be aimed at the endgame. So let’s hope we start seeing that here soon like before 2022 or IDK whose going to be left playing rather than the real hardcore fans and the white knights which are mostly one in the same.

Everyone hold on tight I feel like this is the beginning of AGS taking some big steps to try and make the player base happy. They are going to try and get as many people playing in Aeternum as they possibly can. I believe that the game is definitely still savable but what scares me is the trust that has been broken with so many players.

Some people aren’t as patient as others and aren’t hardcore MMO fans. They gave New World one chance and it’s over for em. I really hope people start coming back IF they continue to fix the problems and release the right content but the future is unclear at this moment for NW.

Also what about all the dead servers? What about the grind and making players time meaningful that don’t have 40 hours a week of game time? Obviously they’re going to merge servers at some point but how will they handle this? How are the systems ingame going to be tweaked and reworked so they cater to hardcore and casual players alike? So many questions, like I said in the beginning it’s a START, but there’s a long way to go and I hope it works out for the player base who put so much faith in this game.

Summary: 1.0.5 WAS A GOOD START, UNDERWHELMED BUT GLAD TO SEE NEW CONTENT, KEEP FIXING STUFF AND FAST, ENDGAME CONTENT THAT GIVES PLAYERS A CHOICE, MAKE PLAYER’S TIME MEANINGFUL, MANAGE THE CONTINUING TWEAKS AND CHANGES CORRECTLY

Tattedwolf - Opona/Marauders/Brondor

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.