Steam Family Share Disabled and no refund for skins bought in-game store

I don’t want any refunds for the game. As I have already written, the discussion was born for something else.

Anyway you can just buy a key for the account you have 130 hours if you want to continue

A lot of bought accounts to maintain the servers!

Huh ? Wait what ?

Just buy the game if you, or some of your family members want to play.

If I new they would close the family share I would never started playing on my secondary account… And my guess is that there are a lot of players in same situation.
If they can transfer the progress to my secondary acc my problem would be solved.
And I will promise you this… When the family share discussion are over there will still be people botting in New World.

3 Likes

The weird thing here is that everyone has their own solution, which can be rated correct or incorrect, but whoever should actually give the promised solution ([Notice] Family Sharing Update) hasn’t said anything for over 5 days.

3 Likes

You had no money to buy the game but buyed skin ? just LOL. PWNED.

WOW I see you haven’t read anything that was written. Congratulations on your comment.

1 Like

same issue here
i bought the game on my main steam but started to play on my other steam account , i didn’t even notice i was playing on the other account , now i have a character with 400 + hrs into the game with in store purchases i can’t access , i bought the game when family sharing was activated and i get why you disabled family sharing you have good reasons but why am not able to access my character , why am being punched for no reasons with the cheaters , you could at least give us warning or tell us for how much time the family sharing will be disabled , i really want to get back into the game , i enjoyed the time within the community , and i would like to know if my character was deleted or not because i talked to some supports , some told me that it’s gone and other told me i can get it back if i purchased the game again
all am asking right now is to give us an update about the family sharing issue
so i can decide if i will wait more or just buy the game again

2 Likes

from a legal point of view they can basically cut you off from their service without any reason at all and you can do absolutely nothing about it. they wouldnt do it without a reason obviously but in theory they could. since they havent even done that and simply disabled an external feature they deemed inaapropriate to be used in conjunction with their game i wish you gl with that lawsuit.

this may sound like harsh service contract conditions but ToS´s in these games are written in that way so they dont have to fear the hassle of a lawsuit everytime they ban a cheater f.e. its industry standard.

1 Like

I honestly feel you should probably buy a new copy of the game for that account :frowning: in order to start playing again. (if you want to play) I do believe your character progress is saved on that account so all is not lost. (besides $40) :expressionless: But, I don’t see a fix being something that happens soon. I’ve read on an orange post stating they will not transfer characters from one account to the other & I don’t believe they plan on re-enabling family share anytime if at all in the foreseeable future.

:spoon:

I do not know whether this feature was simply overlooked (it was not even working correctly as multiple people could access the game at once) or whether they intentionally launched with the feature active not knowing the infamous history of Family Share in past games.

As this feature can be used in any game that accepts it and it results in the sharing of the ‘entire library’ rather than a specific game and it is a vehicle for exploiters to readily abuse, I find the feature very faulty… How many devs worked for many months or years trying to correct the problems the Family Share feature was causing in their game only to have to come to the agonizing decision it had to be disabled? At least Amazon games was only ‘weeks’ in rather than years before making this decision.

This is a little like saying that the gas station on the corner will probably be robbed again at some point because most gas station in that neighborhood are so let’s go ahead and just leave the front door open and the store unsupervised.

A botter will stop paying $50 for accounts when they are banned enough via reports or ‘catch mechanisms’ Amazon Games is working on and puts into place. Now TEN free account that can even circumvent bans, that can be a game breaker.

It would take a while for a botter to profit to the point that they can afford a $50 account each time they are banned Also keep in mind that disabling Family Share is for much more than just botters, this is the main vehicle that exploiters use as well for duplicating materials, pass off materials to other accounts, reentering games after bans to do more exploiting ect.

It appears that Amazon Games realized that this STEAM feature was resulting in a lot of exploiting and banned players resurfacing and had to shut this down very quickly to attempt to mitigate damage. With that said, I am not certain how much the advance notice would have helped you as you are still here four days later complaining.

I get the frustration, I really do but if you enjoyed the game, take steps to play again. Either play on the account with the game installed on it, or purchase the game for the account you want to save progress on as quite a few others have stated that they were able to resume play on the same Family Share character once the game was purchased and installed on that account.

You should have a copy of the conversation, would love to see the conversation where someone told you that the progress was deleted from your Family Share account and would not be there if you purchased the game and installed it on that account as quite a few people using Family Share have come here stating that they are still playing on that account after purchasing and installing the game on it.

I think this is the actual issue. You want to wait and see if Amazon will turn on the Family Share again so you can play on the Family Share account rather than purchase the game and install it on that account and you are frustrated with the wait. I get it but you could be waiting for something that never happens.

Yo what are you talking about?

The Family Share Feature is not only your side. You can have it turned ON your side of Steam. But the developer of the game can turn it off their side. It won’t let you share even if you have your family share on.

Most SINGLE player games on Steam has this feature turned on. Most MULTIPLAYER games on Steam have it off. It makes a lot of sense and you don’t affect anyone playing that game if you decide to turn on cheat on SINGLE player games.

I think for an indie studio like FALL GUYS turning it on was a bad decision on their end. They had to turn it off because of rampant cheating. Again even if you have it on, it won’t allow you to share all the games you have on Steam. The DEVELOPER side has the final say whether they allow it or not. AGS ALLOWED it on a multiplayer basis which btw is insane.

2 Likes

i don’t think is insane, the developer can ban the main account and prevent it from share, u just need to implement it
is insane that a SH ban the leaf instead of the tree
if u have 10 account u have x10 chance of getting banned, so for who talk about friends etc etc… why some1 should share the game with friends when they can get banned and he get the ban too without doing nothing?

Policing is much more difficult than addressing the cheating issue to begin with. Prevention is much more easier to apply.

Since the changes I don’t have to deal with gold spammers flooding the chat box. I don’t need to add them on my intensive friend’s list.

Now as of botters and other nefarious things they more likely hide where they fish now. Where it is difficult to track and not out there in the open because of fear of getting banned and it will costs them $50 bucks

u can fish in some houses too, so they are undetectable

??? I stated nothing like this so not certain your point?

Are you confused on the fact that I stated that this feature can be used in any game that accepts it? This is exactly what you stated, if the game allows the feature, anyone accessing that library can use it. There are many games that should not allow this but do. New World is not an exception to what we see out there when a new game launches and my point is, most of these games learn their lesson months or even years in, Amazon Games saw the devastation that can result from this feature and shut it down quickly.

This is where I disagree, way too many have this feature as an option when it should not be. In fact, I think Steam actually hides whether a game has this feature or not when purchasing a game so you likely will not know until the library is shared and you look at files or attempt to access the game via Family Share. This is why I found it interesting when players have stated that they were damaged because they bought this game for Family Share and Amazon disabled it after purchase. I am pretty sure that Family Share was not something advertised or known until someone purchased the game and went in and attempted to use it.

I think Amazon Games overlooked it or did not know the infamous history of this feature but I give them credit for shutting it down in weeks rather than months or years.

You sure make it sound like it is FAULTY. AGS decision to turn it ON was FAULTY. It only took them a month to figure that out.

Can you tell me a game that has multiplayer functionality and can be family shared? Especially MMORPG titles, I’m curious. I know there is a website to find games that have access to family sharing. I use family sharing and most MULTIPLAYER SHOOTER games with VAC can be family shared, MOST SINGLE player games I own can be shared.

On release of the any game, the developer can choose to turn it off and on. Having it off means even if you have Family Sharing ON it won’t allow you. “There is no infamous feature” again it makes sense to turn it off when dealing in a MULTIPLAYER platform.