Steam File Verification

Every time there is an update I have to verify game files before I can log in or else I get some random error or a suspicious file message. And every time I verify the game files, it take upwards of 10 minutes to do. And some times when I update the game; not only do I have to verify the game files but sometimes it will attempt to download and reinstall the entire game. I have been dealing with this since day 1 and I am getting sick of dealing with it. Me and many MANY others have complained several times on the steam forums, and now I am going to do it here. This needs to be fixed in your next major update, priority one.

the process of verification has something to do with the readingspeed of your drive
this has nothing to do with the game itself

i never had this issue that steam just reinstalled the whole thing, maybe you get something wrong?
its pretty normal when downloaded files overwrite existing ones ?!
this also can take longer on an old drive

My drive is not old and it there is nothing wrong with it. I do not have this issue with any other game except this one. I even removed the game and reinstalled it manually and that didn’t work either.

delete the cache files…don’t verify, just boot the game. It’ll rebuild the cache files. Much faster

That doesn’t work, I’ve tried that already. If I clear cache it will boot me from the game within 60 seconds for suspicious files. If I boot up without verifying files it gives a random error and won’t let me log in period.

I’ve moved this over to the support section so our support team can take a look into this for you.

1 Like

I had similar issues when I had a HDD drive. Was fine with other games but not this. Turns out, the drive had bad sectors and was not writing properly in some cases.

I built an entirely new rig, new m.2 and new secondary SSD.

Not having any issues at all.

I see so many people complaining about issues with the game, frames, lag, errors etc and they are all quick to just say ‘nope, not my system, it works fine with other games’ I too was this person a few months back.

it’s smooth as butter now, 0 problems, no lag, no desync, even in invasions etc. Highest graphical settings, 150+ FPS normally and 80+ FPS in busy towns.

It was my system, combo of my system parts and a HDD that was starting to fail.

You likely have an SSD which is good but they can still fail. If you have a HDD, get rid and get an SSD as they are faster. Even better, if you can, get an m.2 drive as they are 5x faster than normal SSD’s.

Hello and welcome to the forums @EnkerZan, thank you @Centeotl for moving this thread over, and thank you all for your very good feedback and input on this topic,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the game files after each update but bear in mind what @kL1ck mentions is correct, “this has to do with the drive’s reading speed” and it also has to do with game files being corrupted.

Given the update is bringing new files in, these are not corrupt or we would see numerous cases like yours. If the files already on the drive are being corrupted, then what @daz87uk mentions is the most likely culprit, sectors of the drive being at fault.

With all the above in mind, here are some very basic things you can try in order to troubleshoot this:

1. Ensure your video drivers are up to date.
  2. Set Windows power settings to High Performance.
  • Press Windows + R, type “powercfg.cpl” into the Run window, and then press Enter.
  • Select the radio button next to the High performance power plan. You may need to click Show additional plans first.
  1. Make sure you are running Windows’ latest updates.
  2. Clean boot Windows by following these instructions:
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows (to reduce startup applications/Check for Malware).
  3. Reset your video driver software to the default settings.

If the issue persists after this, the scenario will require our tech team to look into your logs and follow up directly with other possibly sensitive account information that is best not posted on the forums so it would be best if you could please create a web ticket by going to Contact Us | Amazon Games.

I hope this helps and if not, do not hesitate reaching out to live support.

See you in Aeternum! :wolf:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.