Stuck at character selection, instant crash on login

I have 170~ hours into NW, I never had such issue before and nothing changed on my PC since then.
Earlier today, I was disconnected from game, when I tried to log back in, it was not possible…

It’s stuck on this screen for a veeeery long time, like 15 minutes+ then I can see my character, I log in and in 10 seconds game crashes.

Things I tried so far:

• I verified integrity of game files
  • I tried restarting router
  • I tested other applications for possible connection issues
  • I tried flushing and restoring DNS and IP
  • I confirmed that IPv6 is off
  • I tried restarting computer
  • I confirmed that my drivers are up to date
  • I tried repairing EAC
  • I tried restarting Steam as administrator

My System:

• Processor : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
  • Memory : 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
  • DirectX : Version 12
  • Network : 50Mbps download / 8Mbps upload speed
  • Storage : 80 GB+ Storage space available (SSD)
5 Likes

Same and If I can pressed play button i can play 5-6min than freeze the game

Same here. Stuck at character selection, few min later I can see my character and can log in but after a few more min game freezes.

Same here

My brother and I started playing at the same time, same laptops, same connection, same location, different steam accounts. His playing but i cant play

I was playing game just fine at noon but couldnt join after 2 hour

Hello there:

Sorry to hear about this.
Lets check if steam is up to date, make sure Easy anticheat is up to date and active.
If not, dont worry, send me a pastebin with your logs and I will file a report on this,

Logs can be obtained by following these steps:
Instructions for generating a DXdiag: (Open and run DxDiag.exe (Open and run DxDiag.exe))
Instructions for finding the in-game logs:

1. Press Windows+R on the keyboard, type %appdata% and press enter.
  2. Open the most recent file from this folder: /AppData/local/AGS/LogBackups.
  3. Paste the contents of the file into your message. Send a pastebin of your logs to me via PM.

1- Submit error at \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\New World Alpha\CrashUploaderLog.txt

2- Send a pastebin of your logs to me via PM. It will be the most recent file under :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:/Users//AppData/local/AGS\LogBackups.“
This info will help understand what is going on.

Cheers!

yes me either

Have fully reinstalled the game

updated the graphics after roll back

same for steam so at a loss.

Still cannot play for more than a few minutes

We cant send a personal message to dev

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DZlU1sCU4UL3iEgAWXAzC3ufVdnAF97J/view?usp=sharing

Full log rather than just last crash section of it.

vpn

Noice.

Yes, I had to manually add you to receive your messages, now you can DM if you need anything.
Will make sure to pass this to devs and they will look into this.
Thanks for the info guys.

Cheers!

same here

Also not able to get logged in. Was playing earlier this morning, then starting experiencing severe lag, and logged out and back in, with lag still making the game unplayable. Logged out for a while and now i cannot get logged in, as it is stuck on the play screen. Server is Pleroma. It gives a message after a while saying timed out while waiting for gameplay on the server.

finally got logged in after 3 attempts, but the game is stuck in a lagged state, cannot even loot anything off of the ground, and messages do not show up in chat at all

i format my pc problem solved

i have the same problem ;/