Stuck in home and Encumbered

• What is your character name in New World: CHI-BA-WIZ

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: DRY TREE

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:

I was in my house in Ebonscale reach putting goods in my chest. I was also salvaging gear to make room as I was in a group ready to do a expedition. I was using the short cut keys to quickly salvage gear. I must of pressed the short cut keys to put my whole chest into my inventory came and not released. I excepted the message that came on screen thinking it was confirmation to salvage a piece of gear. Right after I accepted an F1 accept start and teleport to expedition. I arrived inside Tempest encumbered, so I left Tempest using the leave expedition option on the map.

Once back inside my home I was standing a little away from my chest, I could not move, I could do anything, because my chest could not be accessed, A small circle was present on top of my chest but that was all. I logged out and back in but nothing changed. I dropped all of my armour pieces and weapons with a combined weight of over 1200. I was able to move but not access my chest. I moved closer to the chest but still not able to access. I collected the items I had placed on the ground logged out and back in. Still no change, I put the items back on the ground, walked around my home but no change to my chest. I picked up my weapons and started trying to salvage anything that might not be important to me. During this process I lost all my armour pieces because anything you place on the ground vanishes soon after.

This issue has cost me my 620gs Void bent armour,
Tempest 600 Light Armour 600gs,
Tempest Focus 590gs armour and countless pieces of armour from expeditions.
Fishing,Arcane, Cooking, Mining, Furnishing crafting clothes.
100 Potions, Tier 5 food, incense, Tier 3/4 Blight-Corruption potion and Coatings Tier 3/4/5 for all enemy types.

I still cant use my chest in my home, now that I have lost my armour pieces I can walk but not able to off load into my home chest, or travel to another home. I can now walk now that I lost my armour gear, I went to the inventory hut but my home stash does not show anymore just my inventory. The game is now unplayable without me throwing away all my gear, but then I am not guaranteed to be able to use my home chest.

What I need to know from New World developers is why cant I use my chest.
Is it possible to recover the armour I dropped on the ground in my home?
Is it possible to roll back my account 24 hours, or further in order for me to recover my armour gears?

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug due to me not being able to use my chest despite dropping my items to a low level.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to play due to being encumbered.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: The next day I was able to login and put my goods into my storage. No idea why I was not able to use the day before.

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Please follow steps explained in the earlier section.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ooo

It’s a bug that’s been happening here lately…but you’re in a pickle.

To access the chest…you need to leave the house and go back in. BUT if you leave the house, you may lose the stuff you dropped. (Unsure)

Is it possible for you to leave the house by pushing L, and then drop the stuff on the ground outside…and go deposit in storage?

Unsure if dropped stuff will stay on the ground outside the house, if you go back in.

Thanks for your Darkdayy for your reply. I should have your name for sure it’s a dark day :frowning:

I tried what you suggested but the only thing that enabled me to move was dropping gear In my home area. I have lost the gear now as it disappeared shortly after dropping.

Not sure if AMG can do anything probably not so now I need to buy back my crafting clothes and make my potion etc. I feel deflated, the worst thing is it could happen again, what would I do then? I not sure if I have the energy to play anymore. Trying to be positive… I have my weapons and I can play Tank , DPS in corruption gear, But lost my Dex, Int versions. Need to rank my void luck gear again … How depressing!

A very crappy bug indeed…wonder how many others this has happened to.

The chest bug REALLY needs fixed. That would have prevented this from happening…

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.