Suggestion: Improvements to Music Skill

Thank you for releasing a new refreshing mechanic to the game; It’s a nice break to be able to sit down for a little bit and play a few songs. I’m sure there is a chunk of the payer base trying reach level 200 in music. Let’s take a look at what is required to hit 200.

To level music from 0 – 200 it takes 5,145,950 experience. Holy cow, that is a lot. But how much is 5 million experience? For a 1-minute song on Expert, I am getting about 325 experience. That would take 15,833 Amazing performances to finish this skill, or 264 hours of playing music. I would have to play music for 11 days, nonstop, to reach this. If I were to lax up and play for one hour a day, it would take me nearly 9 months to finish this skill. I believe this is an insane curve. So, what can we change up to help things along?

Regarding Buffs: I believe the buffs are adequate, however, may be out of order. I believe a more appropriate order for the buffs would be:

• All Together Now (Group exp)
  • Song in your Step (Encumbrance)
  • Territorial Triumph (Territory exp)
  • Decidedly Dexterous (Gathering Speed)
  • Luck’s Labor (Gathering Luck)
  • Fortune’s Favor (Gathering Yield)

This is the order of importance I would rank them, as an end-game player. All Together Now would be able to assist newer players gain experience bonuses as they level to 60. I can see greater benefits of Song in your Step as a lower level than someone who has adequate bags. As for the rest, I think they are great bonuses and could be valued as such when music is leveled.

Regarding Tips: I think I’ve seen more frustration on people accidentally tipping than anything else. 10g is not much to fret about. I don’t think those complaints have much substance behind them. I do think one great tweak would be the addition of bonus experience when getting tipped. I think it could help with the grind and give great reinforcement for those who give an amazing performance. Receiving a full tip split should be the default; Granting bonus Music XP per tip can replace the Fanfare perk.

Regarding Group Performances: It is fun to get a group together to play music. Unfortunately, it does not feel rewarding. Regardless of playing in a group or playing my instrument solo, I am getting that same 325 experience on an expert song. To encourage group play, I think giving a bonus multiplier per group member on an instrument would be nice. Even a 0.10% increase per member on an instrument in a group would be nice. This would mean that playing 5-member songs could potentially grant a 1.5x Music XP boost if the roster is filled. This could replace the Ensemble perk, wherein, the 10% Music XP boost is granted to the group instead of only the player.

The Never-ending Song: It would be nice to have a longer “Free Riff” or “Never-ending Song”. A mode where you start off with a 100% Rockstar Meter. Every miss reduces the meter by a set percentage with the song concluding when your Rockstar Meter hits 0%. You are granted Music XP for every note you hit and a bonus every 25 or 50 notes.

Anywho, I enjoy slappin’ da bass. I hope some of these suggestions make sense and are taken into consideration.

Rock On!

This1diot

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.