Task Manager Shows CPU Usage at 100%

Hello! I’m running on a pretty competent laptop (11th gen i7, 3060), but Task Manager shows my CPU usage at 100% all the time while the game is running, which seems extreme.

It worried me at first, but both HWInfo and HWMonitor are showing “total CPU usage” at closer to 30%-40%, and my CPU (and GPU) temps are both pretty solid at an average of 65-70c. Performance in game is not bad either, sits around 60FPS uncapped.

I have rebooted my PC and relogged.

Is Task Manager simply wrong here? Should I just disregard the reading, and trust what I’m showing in HWInfo/HWmonitor, especially since my temps and performance are solid?

I’m a semi-PC noob, so I appreciate the peace of mind!

Thanks.

3 Likes

Has to be some type of bug. I run perfect out in the world no CPU issues 100+fps. Go into a town. CPU load shoots to 98% and 40 fps I7-7700k & 3070

1 Like

I think you’re right about task manager just being wrong because I’m having the same issue here AND I have this issue with Red Dead Redemption 2, could be the same “bug”.

Hello all,

Im sorry for the issues you currently have. Please check the following: Basic Troubleshooting Tips

• If you run into issues launching the game and your system meets the minimum requirements, be sure to verify the integrity of the game client files using the steps here: Steam File Integrity Check.
  • Confirm that you are using the most recent GPU drivers for your Graphics Card (AMD ) (NVIDIA ).
  • Confirm that you have the most recent updates installed for Windows 10.
  • Check that you have the most recent BIOS updates installed (important for newer AMD Chipsets and Motherboards).
  • Try a clean boot of Windows: How to perform a clean boot in Windows . (This will disable all non-essential programs from starting and test if there’s any background programs causing a conflict with the game.)

Common Issues

Launch Errors Connectivity Graphics & Performance Crashes

Game Crash: ‘Fatal Error NewWorld.exe’
If your game suddenly crashes and displays the message ‘Fatal Error NewWorld.exe’, please try the following steps to resolve this issue:

1. Confirm your PC meets the Minimum System Requirements .
    2.Please note that Windows Insider builds are not supported.
  2. Run a Steam Integrity Check.
  3. Make sure your Windows install (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027667/windows-10-update 171) is fully up to date and no update is pending.
  4. Reboot System.
  5. Uninstall and Reinstall New World.
  6. Reinstall Easy Anti-Cheat.

Should these steps not work, please try to repair the Microsoft Visual C++ distributable 2017.
This can be found within Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64, select this then choose ‘Modify’ and then select Repair in the pop-up that appears.

If you are missing this file, please download it directly from Microsoft here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads.
*Note: Please ensure that you are downloading the correct version of the files for your system (either x64 or x86), you can confirm which version you will need based on the version of Windows you are running.

You will be able to find more at Welcome to New World!

Thank you so much for your patience during this launch time.

done all this and thousands of players still having issues with the game crashing randomly for no reason. You guys have STILL not come up with a solution for this. By the way REINSTALL WINDOWS? do you know how much time that takes and have to download ALL apps all over again, all games, reset up outlook etc etc etc. I would rather just not play the game. EVERY other game on my PC works fine but yours. I have about 35 Triple A games on my PC, all work great.

PLEASE FIX THE CRASHING ISSUES

5 Likes

It’s not a bug. Once you get in to the city or lots of buildings cpu shoots up to 100%, and my cpu temps shoot up by 10 degrees. So What the customer service dude is saying will not fix these issues. This game is going to start burning people’s CPUs out. if they AFK in town too long lol.

3 Likes

That’s true. It’s not an issue. I think new world using cpu crazy in town for some reason. It’s a technical thing new world should work on it.

1 Like

This does not fix the issues.

same, now becoming CPU killer

Same issue here, after the last update I notice through my Nvidia monitoring that task manager shows something between 60-70 CPU usage while Nvidia monitoring CPU usage is 100% all the time

I have a laptop i5 6300 sixth generation and a gtx960m 4gb - 16gb I am afraid that this game actually affect my notebook, what do you people think?

Since latest update my cpu is jumping between 40/100% utilization at random moments yet the fps does not increase or drop whenever it does this.

so like, wtf??
Cpu boosts up to DOUBLE utilization, but it has ZERO impact on fps.
The new world proccess is doing allot of stuff in the background ever since last patch, stuff which apparently does NOT affect fps at all, and imo. it’s destroying my cpu atm.

All game settings are on LOW, yet my 4790k is burning up at C95+.
Before last patch it never get higher then ~80C (I have an small LCD screen that monitors temps 24/7) and the fps remains unchanged since last patch.

Whatever AGS is doing, it’s BREAKING and RUINING the experience for people like me with an older cpu.

Game ran hella better for me couple weeks ago.

Stop posting this generic bullshit post, that NEVER helped anybody.

It’s obvious to even a dam CHILD that the problems people here are discussing has NOTHING to do with some missing visual C basic modules. If it WAS, the person would not even be able to launch the game.

Where are the community managers that have ACTUAL knowledge of computers?

Get these useless nonesense spouting people like SendorTheGreat out of here.

I have the exact same cpu and no issue of that sort.
All you need is to get a decent heatsink (20$) not the stock one
You’re welcome.

bump this.

I don’t want this issue to get drowned by their other several bugs nor it gets the GPU issue treatment and blame manufacturers. Sure, all of a sudden my 2 year old GPU that was working fine on any triple-A games I played have magically started ignoring voltage limits ever since I touched this game. My CPU usage was just fine (30-40% which is still high) during the first week and now it gets up to 75% usage… This game is no longer completely safe to play without manually setting limits and constantly monitoring my PC performance.

I won’t be surprised if they point their fingers on Intel or AMD manufacturers next!

Burn out CPU… :smiley: You guys all need to chill out.

1. Task Manager ist wrong. Look at HWinfo.
  2. Your CPU isnt going to burn. Check your CPU temperatures. And Crosscheck manufacturers max temperatures. For an Intel CPU from 11th Generation Max Temp is 100 Degree Celsius. Its Recommended to stay below 85 Degree.
  3. Should your CPU reach higher temperatures you should:
    Check Airflow of your Case
    Check Fans for Dust (if you are a indoor smoker this is more likely)
    Check Cooling paste of CPU Cooling Unit
    If all of above is good, you should consider buying a better cpu cooler. (Good brands are: Noctua, be Quiet!, Thermaltake, Alpenföhn, Scythe)

If you need further help, feel free to reply or message me.

AMD 5900X + nVidia 3080Ti… Normally 60FPS (locked), but in towns it sometimes falls down to ~40FPS.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.