This is a low priority idea repository.
Main Idea – Offer a respec for Territory Standing cards ( without losing standing )
We should not be permanently bound by our new player decisions when we didn’t know any better, or by situations and circumstances outside of our control.
Reasons for A Respec Option
- Missed out on important cards
- There are cards that are only available at certain levels
- Such as Storage and Housing Items
- Play-styles may have changed
- What is obvious now . . . may not have been obvious while leveling
- The leveling experience is different from the endgame
- May not be in the same mindset as months ago
- Can be seen as ‘ruining’ a character
- The game is constantly changing
- Remember the gathering speed / yield miscommunication ?
- And the property tax reductions ?
- Stations can be downgraded
- Governing companies can change
- Moving territories
- Property Tax Cards from before the lowered tax changes
- Housing Items Card
- Main territory for crafting, trading, gathering, questing, etc.
- XP Gains are not utilized after Level 60
Possible Cost Requirements
- Gold / Coins
- Cash Shop
- After specific checkpoints
- Standing Level 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300
- Player level 60
- Craft-able item
Additional Controversial Ideas
- Show the percentages on the map
- Add a cooldown between each respec to prevent abuse
- 30 days ? 60 ? 90 ?
- Increased cost of respec the higher your standing level is
- Respec-ing at standing 20 could be cheaper than at 150
- Add a CONFIRM and UNDO button once you respec
- This would require the interface to show all the cards and percentages at once
- Implement a cap for each card type with a percentage
- Maybe 50% ? Something lower ? Higher ?
- Such as having the trading tax capped at 50%
- A repeatable option
- Allow the respec to be used whenever the cost requirement is met
- I support this option
- A one-time option
- Per territory
- Per character
- One free token for existing accounts
- A repeatable option
- Remove the 300 cap
- Implement a system similar to the trade skills aptitude
- Remove the Housing Ownership card
- Have it be automatically unlocked
- Show the other cards instead at Level 10
- More variety in card bonuses
- Azoth gain
- Crafting / refining XP
- Crafting / refining yield
- Enemy wards
- Faction vendor costs
- Gathering yield
Opinions against a Territory Standing Card respec that I acknowledge
- Decisions have consequences and you have to live with them
- A respec is greedy, unfair, and could be abused / exploited
- Could possibly affect the economy (?)
- Leveling territory standing is slow and just right
- Leveling territory standing is easy and fast – just do x, y, z and BOOM you’re 300 in no time
- Respecs would promote easier leveling, gathering, crafting, trading, and more
- There are other options to choose on your way to 300
- Go start a new character and choose your cards again
- Search a guide for territory standing cards and plan it. They aren’t randomized. Example
- Use the temporary music buffs for gathering speed, standing gain, etc.
- The current system can be removed and would not change gameplay at all
TL;DR – gimme a respec option for territory standing cards. i regret my xp gain cards and missed out on housing item cards. i didn’t know any better.
Happy adventuring !