The First Thing I Remember - Quest is bugged after aborting it

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Leoninus
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: EU - Muspeilheim
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Affected quest is “The First Thing I Remember”. After accepting the quest and finishing the steps couldn’t find the NPC called “Santiago Salazar” (last step of the Quest - seen many forum comments that the NPC’s indicator at the new location doesn’t show up properly). Therefore I aborted the mission to retry it (thinking it was stucked). After aborting the quest the NPC is not available anymore at its original location, however the Quest indicator is still there. (There are 2 barrels at its old location.) On Google found its new location, but it’s not possible to reaccept the quest from him. Therefore the quest indicator is still shown at the NPC’s original location but not possible to get it anymore.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Quest cannot be competed/reaccepted.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Issue is still persisting.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

Old location (with the quest indicator and barrels):

New location (found on Google, NPC is not giving the option to reapply for quest)

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Accept for “The First Thing I Remember” quest. Finish steps untill it sends you again to speak with “Santiago Salazar”. Abort it. It results the above mentioned situation.
4 Likes

This npc is just down from the NW gate in restless shore if this helps thos looking for him to hand in quest

1 Like

You didn’t get my point it seems. I know where the NPC is now. You cannot get the quest from it if you have aborted it.

Having the same problem. Can’t retake the quest ones abandoned.

1 Like

Yep, I got this exact same bug/issue as well.

1 Like

I’m facing the same issue. Unable to retake the quest.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue here.

• What is your character name in New World: Drakgore
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: NA - Ogygia
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: same as above
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Quest cannot be competed/reaccepted.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Issue is still persisting.
1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Can’t restart quest after abandoning it. Also can’t finish quest at Santiago’s new location.
NA East->Maramma->Jyrtle

Tengo el mismo problema! Tenía esperanzas de que en la actualización lo corrigieran pero no fue así. Que podemos hacer?? Me gustaría hacer la misión.
Server: Bengodi.

The matter is still actual after the January patch. No NPC available to retake the quest.

Same issue.
I’ve created a topic here :
https://forums.newworld.com/t/bug-i-cannot-pick-up-the-quest-the-first-thing-i-remember-salazar-santiago-not-in-the-right-place/686981
I’ve just found this topic after.

Same here

Bump Still bugged 01/30/2022 NPC shows up on map as a bunch of barrels unable to be interacted with as other have mentioned above. Please fix.

Yup, this is still a problem. bumpity bump.

Yup, I can confirm I still have the exact same problem on Amano Iwato, now merged into Olympus.

1 Like

Dropped the quest the day it has added. All info above has been true since day 1.

1 Like

had this been corrected yet? same thing on orofena, still even after the patch

1 Like

Still have the same problem. Not fixed in the Heart of Madness Update.

Have the same problem.

Still broken.