This Game Is Bad

Simple, more then 90% of the game mechanics are unusefull.

All cracting the whole skill sistem is worthless, pointless, and unreqrding especialy when compared to just slaying monsters, and they require a unhealthy level grind, its literly insanity levels of intense grind.

The problem is like i said in my other post Amorsmithing require letherworking, threading and smelting to get materials those are literal 4 game mechanics, in one single thing, then you need logging, mining, skining and hunting, gathering, to get the resource like ores, coal to make steel, hides for lether, and thread for sateen, weave etc, witch are plus 5 more mechanics, your using 9 mechanics; esencially 9 difrent skill to upgrade and do a single skill, plus you need gear score increses, you need houses for trophies, wood working and furnituring to make the trophies, arcana to get increse gear score buffs or increse amoring with oak flesh to be efficient, you need a lot of storage for all this, and need to get the extra storage buff, you need outfitting for bags to be able to cary more and you need to grind for luck charms to get the best material when harvesting, and you need to craft a set and a whole bunch of other things.

Esencially your using more then 30 mechanics/skill etc to be able to do 1 single mechanic; smithing amor, its defective game design and cripiling low quality of a single mechanic.

Solution, remove so much need of mechanics needed when crafting a single thing;

• lether is only used for medium amor.
  • ignots is only used for heavy amor/shield and weapons.
  • and silk is only used for light amor.

also no need to constantly have to upgrade resource i undestand steel iron plus carbon, but having to do that each time with each material upgrade needing constanly the old materials is seriously excesive and a pain, does not look like the game was not properly planed at all.

We Need specializacion, 1 refinment, 1 gathering, 1 crafting specialty can reach max levels (200)), per character, the rest can only go to 50, this will solve the cripiling economy issue, make gear more valuable and worth crafting, it give more significant.

as i said before in other post…

• More problems, light amor tramples medium and heavy, again another player choice, with no real choice at all.

the way amor scales in game base on some research i did has a absurd decrese when going beyoud 1k-1.2k of resistance in any category; to the point that it become unhelpfull getting more beyound that point, especially for heavy amor, esnecially while it still has benefit the relation of that benefit compared to the bonus of lighter gear is seriously nonexistant,

meaning higher gear with higher resistant become worthless later on when compared to the nice 20%+ damage and the dodge imunity frame spam and also the benefits especially in high dextery making the next hit crits.

Esencially making high level gear in heavy amor, even more in the heavy version; of heavy amor unhelpfull and very big disadvantage then using lighter gear especially in endgame, and even more specificly in pvp, a lighterbuild has a significant higher chance of winning and i fallen victim to this many times.

if feel like there like 10 mechanics for weapon buff that are only working as a single thing becuase how tiny of a effect each of them have.

DO NOT ADD HUNDRED OF FEATURE AND PROMOTE YOUR GAME PLAYER CHOICE WHEN YOU NEED TO USE ALL OF THEM TO HAVE THE VIABILITY OF JUST ONE SINGLE FEATURE/MECHANIC, THATS LITERLY JUST OVERGLORIFIED POOR EXUSE FOR MAKING LAYER GRIND EXCESIVLY, AND BE MISERABLE WHILE DOING SO.

instead of this game being a actuall New World, Player choice, and functional player driven economy, and most improtainly refined quality AS PROMOTED; its just a generic mmo, a just 1+ to the endless list of mmos that exist, nothing special.

Fetures should be significant, increse, actual player choice especially in crafting every perk every thing should be able to be selected by the player with little to no rng witch could be achive WITH A ACTUAL SKILL TREE SISTEM, INSTEAD of the CRAP we cuerntly have tbh.

The curent sistem in relation to the ideal sistem ive seen that the team presented before the game release is seriously significantly diffrent (ESPECIALY IN QUALITY AND REFINMENT), its like the whole crafting sistem was remade at last minute with no quality in mind or/and player base in mind, it is exreamly cripiling to the economy, and its benefits in game.

it literly wouldve been better if skills in this game does not exist, then what it is doing curently, and the massive unfun souless unreal, insanity of grind curently is is just absurd.

seriously were in this game is the so called polished quality, and unique player choice that was anounced when this game was in preorder, is seriously cripling horible in curent game.

An if anybody doesent agree with my statement all i can say is, i played hundred of mmos, ive seen hundred of company fall.

i know quality when i see it, and unlike other player, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BAD QUALITY ESPECIALLY WHEN THE GAME WAS PROMOTED, SHOWN, AND LITELRY PROMISED TO THE PLAYER AS A GOOD QUALITY GAME, I WILL NOT LOWER MY STANDARD OF QUALITY FOR ANY REASON, OR BECUSE CODING OR MAKING GAMES IS HARD, I DO NOT ACEPT ANY EXUSE FOR BAD QUALITY, ESPECIALY WHEN ITS PRESENTED AS GOOD QUALITY, IF YOU DECIDED IN CODING AND MAKE A MMO I EXPECT QUALITY, IF NOT THEN DO NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL IF YOU WILL NOT DO IT PROPERLY, thats if devs made the decision to make a game the way it is, now the same i would say to EXECUTIVES WHO DO NOT KNOW WHAT A GAME IS AND IS JUST COPYING WOW FOR THE SAKE OF PROFITS; GET OUT!.

Anyways, as i said, if your gonna add mechanics/feature i should be a mechanic/feature, not a bilion pieces that you have to do evrything to make it bearly worth it like crafting is curently, also do not say a player choice when the other thing is absolutly better like lighter builds dps orintation etc, and in other sence their huge influxes of rng like in crafting, etc…

Also take note by varios studies; THE AVERAGE PLAYER TIME IS ! HOUR PER DAY AND MOSTLY ON WEEKENDS, NOT HUNDRED OF THOUSAND OF HOURS AS LITERLY ALL MMOS ASSUME, this specificly for the people who say it gets better later on, people do not have the luxury of getting to the better and when they do its extremly not worth it.

it gets better the later is not a valid statement and helps no one, people got one hour the devs got 1 hr to atract the average player to the game if the player do not see it worth it they will leave and thats the truth.

1 Like

I’m not reading all of that, but I’m happy for you, or sorry that happened.

5 Likes

I have to agree with the headline

fullplate: padding under coat, leather bindings and straps, metal plates and rivets.
wait. . .I’m not going into a lesson on how things are made. The crafting system is amazing other than the rng and massive amounts of materials needed, and one should look up how things are made before displaying such an embarrassing amount of ignorance on how things are actually made.
The rest of that I’m not even sure what to say. I would honestly ask if English wasn’t your first language or if perhaps you were into your cup?
When presenting an argument and grievance then display things in a clear and calm format with why they are issues, with examples, and then provide solutions on how they might possibly be fixed. The whole rage and type yelling with very little sensical effort has never been helpful on any forum.
I wish you luck in what ever game you play next.

1 Like

Its good that players can level up everything and then choose what to do, this adds complexity it doesn’t remove it. RNG is needed to make useless items, its very fast to create things and there’s no item destruction for BIS so RNG is needed to slow down the acquisition of BIS items in the game. The crafting system is generally viewed to be good, it just sucks because there’s very little reason to partake aside from skill training and seeing that lvl 200 at the end.

Its too bad game design doesn’t give value to players that want to do crafting except in a very small amount of items

game are not copies of real life, also their been amor with no actual use of material just full iron,’
this is becuse people could use a simple linen shirt to evitize the pinching amor create, but needing linen and lether to crate amor is not true, becuse ther ewe cases of amor that did not have any of this and the person to evitize pinching used linen shurt underneath the amor, if i were you ill be extremly carfeull nextime who is called ignorance.

In A game is fantasy not real life, you play a game to enjoy it and escape reality not be slaped with it in game 24/7.

your the one displaying ignorace and emberesments, lether binding matter a fact, people rarely use lether in real life in midievil time only people of high money can afford it, so the common people simply used linen shirts under the amor to evitize its pinching, but their are full set of amor witch does not use lether and less linen witch in case were simply a sack of potato with 3 holes and a belt or somthing.

also leather was quite pricly and not worth it for the best lether especialy in mideveil witch majorly what were there were cows, its more profitable and beneficial using the cow to generate milk and force to pull things, instead of sacrificing it for lether is just a stupid thing to do at the time.

shure there were amor with lether but they were rare and not accesible to the common people, and mostly they were not the best quality becuse in the life spam of a cow it needed specific condition and age of the cow to be of good quality.

also for sword the hilt is made by metal not wood like its portrayed in game, your critizing my point on logic and real life witch is in rare specific cases, but you ignore other facts that the game does bad.

a sword is divide by guard, hilt, etc there is no use of wood and its rarely ever the case sword do use a type of string for the hilt so it can be confortable and easy grab witch are then pin down witch well pins lol, so that it wont untie itslef like katanas for example.

tbh the sword is literly almost 100% Of the resource.

also carbon can be optained by mining irl not tree so i dont have to use wood to get charcoal meaning the game forces a skill on the player witch is inrelevelant to real life situation, yet you can only enfitize and critizize my post with real life thing, when the game is literly 80% fantasy.

there is no starmetal, unless you call a asteroid like that, ores do not glow, and there is no touth fary, you cannot aply real life and use it as a point in your argument, when more then 50% of the game is literaly unreal.

Also the game doese not even imitate real life, becuse the color of steel and its benefit are effected by the exact heating of tempeture changing the hue to redish brown to blue steel.

meaning that descusing real life in this game is unreal, and pure ignorance /embaressment.

So much text, so little merit.

1 Like

There more merit in the text i wrote, then this half assed reply, if you talk about merit and critize it i expect better you show it, then just some random comment that does not even qualify as a full sentence just a random thing that is not in apropriate gramar.

Its Sopuse to be written like this.

“So much text, yet so little merit…”

Also you do not even atleast describe your point you just leave it hanging their with no merit to even explain or specify.

I What i See are simple hollow word with nothing to back them up or refrence it its not even corectly writen.

Sorry pal, I understand I sound dismissive but what do you expect?

You come here with a massive textwall and an awfull attitude while most of your points, by skimming through, are between the way too subjective and the delusional.

Also it’s

to be written like this: “So much text, so little merit”

Get over it and maybe learn to be concise.

1 Like

tldr

Were the subjective ,weres the desilutional, if you so state that im wrong then show were im worng instead of just writing with no backup or refrence or specification.

If there a single opinion were?
If Im Desilutional what point, were and why.

This is my problem people understand, But that undestandment is half assed/half baked, and instead of it helping it makes the problem worse, its there just to say somthing, instead of nothing even if its pointless, its just the gap looks filled but not actually filled.

A argument of fact include
Point
Reason for those points
Explanation of those reason
Facts and places with refrence that those point were fully proved
And a personal experince as a refrence

Just becuse Erybody says, WoW is a good game it does not mean that WoW is a good game, people have the serious confusion that facts favor the majorly and it does not.

The same apply to crafting in new world people can say crafting is awsome, but in my experince its literly just what any mmo that has any crafting sistem, but more grindy and less rewarding.

Any mmo thats not dedicated to crafting has the exact similiar thing as new world, and some better.

The CRAFTING and the PLAYERCHOICE was supose to be the sell point of new world to be exclusivly awsome as devs anounce, it was supose to be extradonary unlike any other game fullly flech.

The crafting sistem and the skill sistem in general is literly so basicalin New World to the point its not even there.

and there more easy and better options with a lot less grind in new world then crafting.

I cannot say as majory say the craftng is decent, becuse the truth is its so basical that its not even there.

i cannot say crafting is a feature in any way becuse its uneeded in game.

i cannot say crafting is awsome becuse crafting does not work atlest a way to gen gold by selling it, thats becuse drops seel more expensive less effort, better stats, and more consistant.
Or they sell extrealy cheap to the point were it more expensive the tax, with little to no gain to put it then; not putting it at all.

i cannot say as a player that the crafting sistem is good becuse its not, its grindy, its a chore, its repetitve, and its a bore and its only worth evrything max endgame and can easily be replaced by drops.

a mechanic that is only worth engame with evrythng max the best materials, the best trophies, the best gear and charm to do it and high in arcana to boost it, with also cooking fr the extra gear score and tons of other thing, for a mere 20 more gear score witch is not really much, and its very rng to even actually get a single piece of 20+ becuse there a high chance that it will be lower.

after evrything max, and endgame to try and enjoy it and i cant, evrysingle thing maxed and its not worth and it extreme rng still.

so after those thousand hours grinding and the next update better gear and more level and all those hundreds or thousand hour grnding just simply losses its value if any?

i cannot in any way be happy with a sistem like that if you ask me, its desilutional to be actually happy with such defectivness of a single skill, or better say such defectivness of evry single skill in the game COMBINED Into 1 single set of gear; it is seriously desilutional, and unreal to be happy and dancing with literly doing EVRYTHING in the game, and that it can be easily taken away, and lose its value easily, or out of the HUNDRED and if rng is bad to you THOUSANDS of hours drained in ALL skills and only 0.00001% of that time i finally enjoyed after i literly when threw absolute insanity and unhealthy level of grind.

I cannot say as a proper gammer or be desilutional that im happy with this, when im not and probably never would be for that 0.00001% of time of ectasy f all the time i spended, after i haveliterly evrything, there no point at the peak to even have it anymore…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.