Topaz potion effect lost after patch

• What is your character name in New World: Backaddict

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Before the patch I was under the effect of the topaz potion. When I logged on after the patch it was gone. Effect is missing and I’m getting no topaz.

• Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here: Bug
    [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated)

• (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Left me with a potion on daily cooldown and out 3 topaz gypsum for the day

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: N/A

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Logged on after patch having topaz potion effect on before logging off.

• When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) 10:15AM EST 18 Nov 22

1 Like

To clarify, you used it before the server went down?

+1

Correct. I had 7 of the 10 topaz gypsum when the server went down.

Yeah, this changed after the most recent patch the morning of the 18th. I haven’t yet had a chance to check whether its a case of the topaz potion time ticking down when offline (I don’t think this is a thing in new world but shrug), or if the potion buff just totally clears on logout.

If I were to guess, it’ll tick when offline. As far as I’m aware, the potion just sets a time when it’ll be done, and I guess it’s not adjusted for the downtime.

Bump - This also happened to two of us. Each had an hour left before the patch. We often (in times past) have done that, and the next time logging in we can use the remainder - not this time after patch

It’s definitely just clearing on full logout, I tested it just now after getting my drops for the day. 1+ hours left on the potion and 5 minutes offline killed it.

Same here.
Tartarus/EU.
Buff is gone, even if you have more than an hour left. Complete finish the Game, after login again, buff is gone.

Thank you for this report! Looking into this!

1 Like

Before the last patch, I would regularly do my topaz run and fully log off with an hour or more on my potion left. When I logged in 20 hours or so later, that potion was still running and I could get more topaz off of it. After the last patch, this is no longer the case. My food buffs stick around but not the topaz potion. I also lost the topaz potion I had taken right before the patch, hoping to finish off my run after the patch.

I do this also, can get 2 runs from one potion this way.

I just used a topaz potion for the first time after hitting level 60. Game crashed shortly after (2 minutes after taking the potion) and when I logged back in the buff effect was removed. I tried killing level 55+ normal and named monsters to test if it was a display bug and after about half hour and no gypsum drop, the buff is definitely removed. :frowning:

They are fixing the Topaz potion with tonight’s update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.