Typing in chat will forget that i'm typing in chat mid sentence and open bindings

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Minao
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ptolemais
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: When I start typing in chat it starts pressing keybinds while i’m trying to type a sentence and it opens up menus and does things that I don’t want it to do when I’m just trying to type.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It has pushed me beyond frustration, i’m screaming profanities and hitting nearby things this pisses me off so much.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, I’m so fucking angry
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I cant capture video this easily for you.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: step 1. start typing in chat. step 2. it opens the menus and press keybindings while you are trying to type words, mid sentence.
3 Likes

Similar issue happens to me when typing very fast in chat with any comment ending in “y” then pressing enter. It will bring up the campfire

I can confirm on that, please bring more attention so this can get fixed.
Its annoying at all possible levels.
For example, say we’re in a war and i want to report something in chat by utilizing fast typing skills - my character starts jumping and crouching in front of enemies. Its dangerous and embarassing.
Also when i try to reenter chat it keeps exiting the typing mode, and it does so aggressively - i spam ENTER to exit>reenter chat mode only to see the little vertical dash that indicates im typing disappear momentarily.

can confirm aswell, it’s random when it happens.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.