"Unable to bind key Space, reserved for ui reserved binding musicnote space which cannot be unbound"

• What is your character name in New World:
    MeiDinChina
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    Valhalla
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    “Unable to bind key Space, reserved for @ui_reserved_binding_musicnote_space which cannot be unbound.” can’t use space bar as a customize key bind anymore if you made any new changes, any previous space bar bind from previous patches has been overrided with that error msg. This is a major oversight and/or coding error
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
    Bug / Coding Error since patch update
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    my play style and performance overall
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
    No, currently unboundable since music patch update
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    Space Bar being unboundable since patch. Fix this so spacebar can be used as a binding like previous patches
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Several attempts to apply custom bind Space - but error pop-up occurs
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone)
    I’ve attempted this since i had factory reset my PC and re-installed New World, and went back to attempt to customize my settings in game. 8/2/2022 around 3pm EST Time New York

Hello, Ive been playing the game since beta and Ive been using custom binds for keys instead of most of the default binding for my play style on PVE/PVP especially. I was able to use my space bar when the update came out as a dodge but since Ive had to factory reset my PC today and re-config some stuff, re-downloaded NW to install it then proceeded to customizing my settings again. Unfortunately this wasn’t an issue when the update came out. My custom keybind I’ve had Space Bar for Dodge instead was replaced with this error note since re-installing:

“Unable to bind key Space, reserved for @ui_reserved_binding_musicnote_space which cannot be unbound.”

Once again I literally had no issues with this before. I’m assuming it was carried over with the patch update from my previous saved settings I’ve had which passed through each new update. With the new update u guys implemented it seems any new changes such as re-binding the space bar that was not carried over to the patch update in which has new written codes such as the space bar error message being unboundable or placed as a option for a key bind for the music note. I believe this was an oversight.

This is inconvenient since I’ve had the space bar as a dodge for my play style from day 1. This was not an issue when the patch carried over with my original custom bindings from previous patches assuming I had preset my settings for my custom play style. But now with the situation where I had to do a factory reset on my PC and re-install NW and customize my bindings again, I’ve noticed the issue with this current patch.

Please help me remove the unboundable coding issue since it will heavily affect my game play style and performance. This wasn’t an issue from previous patches. I’d like to continue to customize my key binding with the space bar as my dodge button or any button for other using space bar for any other personalized play style.

The space bar shouldn’t be an unboundable action neither for the patch since when u press your performance action, you’re already in animation stuck in place till the entire song is finished. Thus the other keys for the music performance still works i.e.:
w a s d, space bar, left and right primary clicks.

I believe the space bar being reserved only for music note binding is a coding error. Please fix this
IMAGE URL LINK HERE: Space Bar being unboundable since patch. Fix this so spacebar can be used as a binding like previous patches

Also, once u replace Space Bar on the default on Jump, you can’t rebind it again cause the same error will occur. u must click reset to default to use Space Bar for jump if u still want to use it as a Space key bind. The space bar as a key bind will not work for any other key binds still except on its current default setting on Jump

i just had a rough time today trying to use my non-space bar dodge with my normal play style. been frustrating now… along with the vial of azoth and the music fesitval quest i wasnt able to do properly for 3 days and things r just looking grim for me for NW. Played since beta, Fix my NW experience AGS please… i beg u… i dont want to quit yet… but small things r adding up to big issues to me even if its not reflecting as a whole for the NW community. really makes me sad on the progression NW is at still :cry:

found this from someone who let me know. Posting here in case anyone else is reading and isn’t aware

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.