Unable to Complete Quest: Trial of the Cabalist. Quest broken and unable to advance faction levels!

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Dobby
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: On the quest Trial of the Cabalist I am asked to place Psychokinetic Absorbers in different areas. The last area “Sorrowsilt Ridge” is bugged and when I reach the marker to place the Psychokinetic it is greyed out and does not let me interact with the point of interest. Ive checked my inventory too and I do not have and Psychokinetic Absorbers in there so i dont know what to do. Ive tried relogging and going back to the quest giver and neither have fixed the issue. This is a gamebreaking bug because now I cannot advance to the next level in my Faction quests.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I am completely stuck on my faction quests now.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO PLEASE HELP ME
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Attempt to complete Trial of the cabalist. After planting Absorbers on the east side of Mourningdale more west to place the Absorber at ‘Sorrowsilt Ridge’. It is greyed out and I cannot interact with it.

GM’s or Devs please help I am stuck!

12 Likes

I have the exact same issue as you do and also can’t progress. I’m hoping for some kind of a fix.

• What is your character name in New World: Ilxuss
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Pollux
    The rest is the same.
    And also a screenshot:
    Screenshot-19 — ImgBB

So abandon the quest… re-accept it and go to each location 1by1… you only get 6 so if you accidentally place 2 in 1 slot you wont be able to complete the quest…

5 Likes

I am having the exact same bug and resetting the quest bugged ti completely and I can no longer get the quest.

Name: Perd
Server: Oceana
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Fully blocked from faction advance.

Exact same issue here. Not being able to advance faction quest is a major problem. Same as the two above screen shots.

I have the exact same issue as you do and also can’t progress. I’m hoping for some kind of a fix.

• What is your character name in New World: TricksterN1
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Gaunes
    The rest is the same.

I have the exact same issue as you do and also can’t progress.

Name: Pandubi
Server: Kokytos

same issue-

Name: Taylor A. Swift
Server: RoseTau
Issue: my faction Reputation progress bar won’t go beyond 15k for me to upgrade my faction to Cabalist.

same here

Sevenation - EU Central - fineas

Same issue here

Character name: Nicotina
Server: Alatyr

Same bug. Can not place Absorber at the Sorrowsilt Ridge location – Was able to complete the other 2 locations.

Server: Riallaro
Name: RonRamboKim

Pangaia Mu - Yulbadra - IGN : ADURAG ARATNASUN

same issue-

Name: FuTW
Server: Rocabarra

Help thx

Same problem
Name warria nighthawk
World: Briedablik northeast server US

Same here, I can’t place the final absorber! Please fix this.
Name: DreadLord Azazel
Server: Kronomo (US-WEST)

Name: Primarina
Server: Kronomo
The game won’t allow me to place my last psychokinetic absorber. It’s a very long fetch quest and I don’t want to do it again. Please help ASAP. Thanks

GM and Devs please help me

Same issue
Name : Pikari
Server : Ryugu-Jo

I have the same problem and its a yellow quest so cant skip it.

• What is your character name in New World: Kessuade
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Runeberg
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: On the quest Trial of the Cabalist I am asked to place Psychokinetic Absorbers in different areas. The last area “Sorrowsilt Ridge” is bugged and when I reach the marker to place the Psychokinetic it is greyed out and does not let me interact with the point of interest. Ive checked my inventory too and I do not have and Psychokinetic Absorbers in there so i dont know what to do. Ive tried relogging and going back to the quest giver and neither have fixed the issue. This is a gamebreaking bug because now I cannot advance to the next level in my Faction quests.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I am completely stuck on this quest and cant complete.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO PLEASE HELP ME
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Attempt to complete Trial of the cabalist. After planting Absorbers on the east side of Mourningdale more west to place the Absorber at ‘Sorrowsilt Ridge’. It is greyed out and I cannot interact with it.

GM’s or Devs please help I am stuck!

I had the same problem. Cancel the mission and get it again. It does, but I wasted 4 hours.

Thanks. Thought someone else tried that but didn’t work. Will give it a try. Would be nice if we actually got a response. You know there are a bunch not even reporting the issue.