Unable to hand in Faction Quests

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Glenugie2

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Brobdingnag

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:Unable to hand in quests to faction, journal shows completed by faction shows in progress

• Is this a bug or an exploit:bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:3 days without faction quests

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:no

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

Image1

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Unknown

Any chance you had these faction quests before a patch/server restart?

I’ve had the same issue a few times and its usually because I had the quests in my quest log before a server restart/patch and after the reset.

Not a great fix but if you want to do faction questions in that area in the meantime, you can abandon them and you should be able to hand in the next ones you complete.

I believe this is how you can reproduce the issue:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Grab faction questions before a server restart/patch and complete them once the server comes back up. When you go to hand in, it’ll show them as not complete and unable to hand in.

With the amount of restarts recently the quest are almost sure to be before.

Fair enough, maybe someone else can double confirm the bug but I believe the issue is:

Faction quests obtained before a server restart and completed after are unable to be handed into faction NPC and are always shown as “In Progress” regardless of status

Hi everyone, thanks for your input. I have been tracking similar bug reports and have let the dev team know about this. I will be sure to include your suggestions and details to the report for additional review. You all are the best!

1 Like