Ive heard that end-game economy is stalling because there aren’t reliable sources of gold other than selling on the market (I’m 41 on a low pop so I haven’t experience it personally), but I have an idea:
- Town vendor that has the same mechanic as faction vendors
- you can accept 6 “quests” from him in exchange for gold (no EXP, just gold)
- Quests would be “bring me 3 t3 Greataxes” or “bring me 1 t4 bow” etc
- gold payout would be like 10g per t1 item quest (so 30g total for 3 t1 weapons), 20g per t2, etc.
- Gives use for open world gear other than salvage
- keeps the same mechanic so developers shouldn’t need to rewrite a lot for the code
- provides a little more gold into the world
Now this will create inflation over time so to counteract here are suggestions:
- raise repair price for gear
- raise price for houses
- increase the base tax rate in towns
Please provide feedback and what you all think! I think it could be a quick, easy add in to the game even though AGS is mainly focusing on bugs right now
If you can get this in front of a dev and if y’all like it please upvote!