Very concerned about the future of the game after watching the recent dev update video

Combat in New World has always had issues but the 1.1.0 patch made the desync and weapon swap problems much worse. I thought that this would have been an urgent fix following that patch, but it’s gone completely unaddressed and combat has felt terrible for over a month now. In fact things have gotten even worse in 1.2.0, with more random issues (why do I slow down to a crawl for a few seconds now when I activate Void Blade?).

In the recent dev update video they stated that they were holding off on major bug and performance fixes for the February patch, and are instead pushing dungeon hard modes and a gear score increase in the January patch.

This is just terrible news. The last thing we need is a gear reset just 3 months after the release of the game. There should be at least a year between gear resets to give players time to work towards optimizing their gear, otherwise the game becomes an endless treadmill and that’s not fun for anyone.

Lately AGS keeps saying that they’ve gone too fast with content updates and need to slow down and make sure what they have works. I wish AGS would actually follow through with this philosophy instead of just saying it.

3 Likes

I think I got something way different from what post then you got from that post. Not to go line by line on you and focus on the aspect of them slowing down, they’ve already done this and will continue to do this.
Since I work in this field, perhaps I’m just spoiled by a fundamental understanding of development, communications, and the struggle between the end user, and the developers, but I’d try to convey this to you. I’m seeing amazing progress, and signs that are very positive and should been understood as such. I’m rooting for the team and if I can better help anyone understand the process and what was said in the December update to help elevate any concerns, please let me know.

1 Like

Sure, me too. I love the game - if I didn’t I wouldn’t spend time posting about issues on the forum.

I agree that the game has had some good updates. I think 1.2.0 has been successful primarily because they went back and made older content more rewarding. I want to see AGS continue with this strategy and keep building on what they already have.

The biggest issue right now is that no matter how good they make the content, the combat is still awful. Missing all of your melee attacks due to desync is incredible frustrating, having weapons swap incorrectly is incredibly frustrating, etc.

Maybe they have been hard at work on fixing these things and have ran into complications, but that hasn’t been communicated yet. To players it feels like these massive problems are just going completely ignored.

What is being communicated however is that they want to increase max gear score in a few weeks, which is just a mind-boggling terrible decision this early into release.

1 Like

The biggest issue right now is that no matter how good they make the content, the combat is still awful. Missing all of your melee attacks due to desync is incredible frustrating, having weapons swap incorrectly is incredibly frustrating, etc.

Yeah, that sounds really frustrating… Hope that they can keep working on the issues and overall the game gets better. :slight_smile:

maybe time to hold off on their game till feb then and instead push my xmas and have a good time.

Wait wait, are you telling me they can be even slower? what was fast about anything?

To be fair they’ve done a lot in just 3 months, but I just wish there was more time spent on fixing existing issues. Mechanically the game feels even worse to play than during the beta, but there have been some nice updates to stuff like character progression.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.