Video card crash

I have had this happen twice now. while playing New World my video card output turns off. I need to power cycle my PC to get it back.

GTX 970 card
Driver 471.11
Windows 10 64 bit 10.0.19043 build 19043
i7 5820K, no over clocking

6 Likes

Im having the same issue with the same card. Why even put it on as the recomends specs if it doesnt work.

I have the same issue with 3090. It’s not because of the card specifically.

1 Like

And another one,

In the menu, in queue my GPU loaded at 100% and temp about 80. I think its not okay.

Setup with GTX 1070TI

4 Likes

Anyone else waiting in an hr queue for support lol

I didn’t restart my computer, and I can still hear discord etc, it’s like my video card just stopped responding. Wonder if it’s a windows update or something.

1 Like

i don’t think that’s it. I used to have this problem with ffxiv but all i needed to do for that is update my drivers. I think our only hope now is for them to optimize the game.

I tried again with all video settings at medium and frame rate locked to 30 and it did it again. I can still hear the sounds from the game though.
I am running a 49" monitor, 5120 x 1440 resolution.

Mine is crashing at 1920x1080 at low setting 30fps

I’ve never ran into this sort of crash before, updated all my drivers and it still happens randomly. 20min queue, 5-10 mins of game before crash. Now I’m trying older driver versions.

Also I never had this problem in the alpha.

Really thats interesting. I wonder whats causing the crashes then.

Make sure you have the latest drivers.

Also make sure you mobo bios is up to date. This is what fixed me.

You may also need to lower object detail from very high to high before you enter your 1st town.

My game is also crashing randomly. Sometimes it runs for an hour sometimes for 5 minutes. I have my drivers updated.

I’ve updated all my drivers, bios, it’s all up to date. I rolled back to nvidia 466.77 and it worked for about 40 minutes then the same issue. I’ll try with settings low but I have 0 lag going into towns etc, 3090 is pretty beefy, utilization is usually around 40-60%. It’s working perfect then no signal from the display.

Me too with I5 3570K GTX1060 6gb with last dravers. If i set Texture Details to low, crashes become rare.

This host (custom built desktop) has this issue:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4GHz (no overclocking)
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 970 w/4G GDDR5 VRAM w/driver 471.11
Resolution: 1920x1200
RAM: 32G
HDD: Both primary (OS) and secondary (Game) are SSD.
MOBO Model: ASUSTEK Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1/USB 3.1
Mobo BIOS Version: 1.xx Build 2801
Windows System Version and Build Number: Windows 10 20H2 (Build 19042.1110)
Server (Region): US West Arali
Physical Location/Region (i.e. Rome, Italy): Washington State, U.S.A.
Internet Service Provider: Verizon Home Fusion (4G LTE)
Error messages you are getting: None

My other computer (Asus TUF laptop) does not have this issue:

CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11370H @3.30GHz (no overclocking)
GPU: nVidia GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU w/6G GDDR6 VRAM w/driver 471.11
Resolution: 1920x1080@240MHz
RAM: 16G
HDD: Both primary (OS) and secondary (Game) are SSD.
MOBO Model: ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX516PR
Mobo BIOS Version: AMI FX516PR.323, 5/25/2021
Windows System Version and Build Number: Windows 10 20H1 (Build 19043.1110)
Server (Region): US West Arali
Physical Location/Region (i.e. Rome, Italy): Washington State, U.S.A.
Internet Service Provider: Verizon Home Fusion (4G LTE)
Error messages you are getting: None

What is happening?:

Same issue here. Computer is still up as I hear audio and keyboard keys and lights (e.g. CAPSLOCK) respond, if I ALT+TAB the game audio goes away until I ALT+TAB back.

Using auto-detected graphics settings, but changed resolution to native 1920x1200 (defaulted to 1920x1080 and all text was blurry). Also set framerate cap to 60 after the first crash and I saw others say (see High GPU usage during login screen / in queue - #14 by Lucos ) to do this to help limit the login queue thrashing my GPU while waiting to login.

It’s now happened three times and I’m only to the first quest lady and haven’t even turned in the kill three Drowned quest.

Will try lowering my graphics settings next.

The only driver, including firmware, that’s not up-to-date is the nVidia one that I saw a notification for yesterday.

Reformatted per Welcome Adventurers! .

Same issue on medium settings, this time it only lasted like 5 minutes in game, + 30min queue.

Tried on all low settings, and it died right after clicking play on the character :frowning:

My pc conf.
i7-8700 cpu
32 gb ram
1050 ti gpu

My video card didn’t crash, but its temperature went up to around 80 C. And gpu usage was 98 percent. Another friend’s graphics card got hot to 92 C and I have many friends with overheating issue.
I loved the game, I’ve played for 4 hours yet, but I haven’t come across any bugs or problems. If the GPU usage issue is resolved, everything will be great.

So i found out my problem is my vram usage. it will spike up to 3700 and shut the graphics card down.

im on low settings so i guess i got to go lower then 1920x1080 resolution