Void Gauntlet Weapon quest " grasping shadows" bugged

What is your character name in New World: Dozer
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Styx

Describe the issue you are experiencing: Void Gauntlet Weapon quest " grasping shadows" completely bugged

Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot continue progressing through the quest
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
Started the Quest befor HOM Update. Was doing last steps of gathering the crystals in ebonscale for last item. Went to the workshop and crafted it. After that, quest told me to talk to the quest npc, no new quest popped up. Visited the quest npc in reekwater, but could not turn quest in, quest marker on his head was grey. Tried to reset progress. All Quest items correctly are gone, but now even the first quest doesnt even show up. It only says I should talk to the npc, which i cant.
Therefore the questline is completely broken for me atm.
There were several problems with the quest in the past too, so maybe those threads and reports could give a hint.
@Aenwyn pls help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for posting about this and thank you for being a bug hunter, Dozer. I’m sorry you’re having these problems with this quest and are unable to even see it anymore.

I’ll get this to the developers for you ASAP.

Do you have the quest in your quest log?

yep:

Thank you, looking into what we can do here!

@Aenwyn i searched for similar topics to gather in one thread and link them down below.
There also seems to be a problem with the final part of the quest since the recipe is missing.
Problems occur since November though :frowning:

I suggest checking the whole questline and whilst doing that, look into what happens if you reset the quest (which is my problem and when its getting bugged out).
Hopefully by reviewing the whole line, the problem can be found.
Here are some threads:

Thank you in advance!

Same bug for me. And I am really tired to do this the normale way…

As I seen some post about 21th dec, I will post here every week to bump up this thread, that it doesnt get closed UNTIL THIS ISSUE IS FIXED !!!

1 Like

I done all quests befor. And dont track this down for you, cuz its your game and you have to know the binded mechanics.

its just empty never seen this befor on a quest

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue. Just completed the Ebonscale Imperial Palace Portion. Crafted the Item, and never received the next quest, this progression is currently stuck.

Server Name: Valhalla
Character Name: Toastey
Completed the Prior Quest at approximately 4:30 EDT on 4/18/2022

EDIT: I noticed that the Pure Crystal Lens is in my inventory, but I do not have the next quest available to move on to.

1 Like

So this is interesting. I walked away from the computer for a bit, and the game AFK’d me out. It’s been about an hour since completing the last quest. When I logged out my Epic Weapons and Armor Quest log said 1/19.

When I logged back in I checked my quest log again and my Epic Weapons Quests is now at 1/20, and I now have the Hold back the Night quest, I also have the recipe. I will try to complete this quest and see if I can finish it.

I was finally able to complete this. It just took time for the quest to figure it out and advance. Weird.

Still bugged reset it 3 days in a row and visit him about 6/7 times again:

Still grey and you cant progress/finish the quest

1 Like

@Aenwyn any word on this from the team?

Can confirm getting the same issues with Grasping Shadows as everyone else in the thread

So whats the problem. A bigger patch was some days ago. This quest still broken ?!?

Same issue here. All previous missions are complete. If I click reset on the Talk mission it places a check mark for finishing the quest line. After a few second the completed quest line and its check mark disappear. Even standing at Abbingdon and clicking reset and trying to talk directly does not work.

Character: BossHammer
Server: Castle of Steel

1 Like

same here, three patches and no problem resolution
Character: Majuzinha
Server: Devaloka

@Luxendra please help us

same.

@Aenwyn @Luxendra Any updates on this one?