War Lag Exploit Needs Fixed NOW!

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

• What is your character name in New World: NG Vandal
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: In war the attacking teams can push ppl onto the point then use the ice gauntlets AoE to lag out the server while ppl are on the point and they can take the point with absolutely no resistance. This is a HUGE issue that is happening across all servers and will literally kill the game. This needs fixed. NOW. Wars need halted until this is fixed. This is quite literally game breaking.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Makes me want to uninstall the game because no one is addressing the issue and this has been known about for almost a week.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No. We couldnt do anything in the war and people were dying without being able to respawn because the lag was so bad. we were completely frozen in place unable to do anything.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Twitch here is a stream of our war. This is happening every war and has been for the past 3 days.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Push everyone onto the point and cast mass AoE with ice gauntlet and healing staff.
2 Likes

This is actively ruining the war experience.

The attacking teams are exploiting this effectively because they will always have more on the point than the defenders, since the defenders have wall defenses and are split between 3 points to cover stragglers. The attackers simply have to pick a point all rush there and then they all cast ice gauntlet AOE on the point to trigger the lag. This then blocks the defenders from responding appropriately since the entire war is lagged out, but the point still caps at the normal rate, unlagged. If there is any resistance, they just run to another point and trigger the lag, then we are unable to respond in time due to lag massively hindering movement and often slowing it to a stand still.

This is also causing cannon fire to not register correctly. I have seen cannonballs disappear, not hit more than 2-3 targets when firing into a crowd of 30+ and are rendered essentially useless due to the server congestion.

A statement on this would go a long way at this moment, since those of us that refuse to participate in war this way are being run over by the goons that have no issue taking advantage of it. We are faced with having our time and gameplay actively destroyed by Greefers, while they are gaining territories with no repercussions. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be for us to reclaim these territories after the lag is fixed. This seems very unfair for the territories gained honorably.

If you cant fix the issue, wars need to be suspended until you can, and territories possibly need to be reset due to the extent this is being abused at the moment.

1 Like

I have fought in 9 wars since closed beta. I have seen this issue happen twice within the 3 past days. Both times I experienced the same thing. People teleporting or staying still and becoming invincible.

Both times they did the same exact thing. Regardless of if they are knowingly doing it, the servers are providing them with the devices to do so and wars will continue to play out like this until something is done. I do not have a problem with losing the wars fairly. My concern is the heavy amounts of positional dsync and groups knowingly exploiting it. When will this be addressed? What will be done to ensure this doesn’t happen going forward? We need answers because my everyone has worked VERY hard to get territories and I and my comrades will not sink the level of dsync attacking to win territories. Until it’s fixed I don’t think we can fairly defend or attack.

From Marauders side showing the difference in how it appears during the war. To them, they are able to freely move and attack while on the point. To the Syndicate they are frozen on the point occasionally moving every 10-15 seconds for a short time.

This has happened multiple times in wars I’ve seen and been a part of. The Marauders of this server are aware of this and continue to exploit this to their advantage. Before this exploit was found, you could have actual wars. Now, it’s completely one sided without any possibility of winning.

pls Twitch
fix

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.