War lag is ridiculous on Orun

Like other US East players, many servers merged into Orun, causing the server to reach player cap. Companies have declared and fought in Everfall during peak hours and every war has been an absolute slideshow lag fest. The wars become unplayable, you cannot even know where your character is, or if your character is even doing damage and at one point I’ve seen people falling from the sky. I understand that Everfall is an extremely populated town but this is actually ridiculous.

It’s becoming pointless to even declare war in Windsward or Everfall (the most competitive territories) because it will always end up in a lag stalemate on the last point for 20 minutes where no one can even take damage because it isn’t being registered… Making offensive side even harder than it already is.

I’d love to see this lag get reduced and think this should be pretty high in the developers priority list. War is the only enjoyable thing for me and many PvP players in New World, winning war and owning territory is the ultimate end game content new world provides, not even being able to effectively war and enjoy my favorite content just makes me want to quit the game.

12 Likes

Literally impossible for Mdps to spin points in a laggy war and I agree with your post. If war is unplayable I might as well re-install goat simulator :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

“Make 'em LAG bois!”

1 Like

Same on CoS… it seems the serves really aren’t designed for 2000 players like they said.

AGS are either liars or inept… I can’t decide

I’m beginning to wonder if the whole structure of the game/ servers is flawed… the game basically requires servers between 1000 and 1400 players… any less dn content doesn’t work, any more and sever doesn’t work.

1 Like

I believe the issue has to do with plays respawning on point causing massive amounts of data being sent while server can’t keep up. Remove point spawning and increase rez timer to make up for the advantage

1 Like

This is also a horrible design… makes attack very difficult. The points are already closer to the fort, just spawn them in the fort at the doors

1 Like

i agree even on my server its almost impossible to take territories like that even with low pop

1 Like

This has become an issue of monsterous porportions.

I agree with the OP and would love to hear from a CM or DEV on what plans/fixes are coming regarding this issue personally.

As he stated, there is a large game issue that affects a large portion of you playerbase.

2 Likes

Agree 100% war lag is terrible.

2 Likes

fix it now AGS

3 Likes

Hey there plsfixwarlag, Lag sucks. Especially in pvp. I just wanted you to know I have put together a report with info from this post and will be sending it over to the developers. We respect our community members and appreciate all feedback. Hope things get sorted out soon!

1 Like

Did the Devs give you any feedback or comments when you informed them of this issue? I’m super curious to hear their take on it. They didn’t talk about it in the recent dev video.

1 Like

I appreciate you putting together a report, I hope something ACTUALLY changes for the better.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.