We need server merges!

Looks like the guinea pigs have been selected [Notice] Server Merge Mardi and Brittia - Central EU - #2 by Luxendra

1 Like

Can we please speed up with this?

Players are literally just quitting the game at this point, dead servers are not helping,

even our own server is so dead, we are on NA east, barely 100+ active players…

This should be the top priority at this point.

2 Likes

I didn’t played for over 2 weeks and really i miss the game but my world is dead.
Server Gorias was almost 300 players at peek when i stopped playing but now it’s even worse with a maximum 120 players at peak.
More and more players are quitting because you can’t play the game without a healthy server(at least 1000 players).
So really I’m sorry i don’t play and help by being present(online) but is just pointless without an economy,no OPR and wars just for the same peoples.
SO i did 60 for a while but no chance for some END GAME activities as OPR/WARS or Expeditions/elites zone’s .

I still have hope and check every day this forums but…when @Luxendra @NW_Mugsy will help us?

American gaming company catering to EU players before NA players, makes sense.

@Luxendra @NW_Mugsy @Kay @Lane @Tosch

do we have any more information on merges? alot of servers under 100 pop on Peak and now alot of people quitting Please can i ask why AGS are not taking this serious and making noi communications hardly on addressing this ?

We have our first server merge slated for Wednesday. [Notice] Server Merge Mardi and Brittia - Central EU

This will be the first merge we attempt on the live game so the team will be monitoring this closely to ensure that it progresses smoothly.

7 Likes

Grats to Mardi and Brittia for being guinea pigs… err… first!

4 Likes

How did the merger tests go in Betas and in last PTR ?

Thank you and the devs for the hard work, I love this game! Glad to see server merges are already happening.

2 Likes

@Luxendra, could you please check out my post here and see if you can get some answers regarding future merges and the overall strategy?

Ideally we get a second free server transfer token because some server clusters are in a bad shape. A lot of my friends are on the verge of quitting because the server we’re on is losing population quickly. We looked at the cluster we’re in, even if you were to merge all the servers in the same cluster together, we still wouldn’t be as populated as say Valhalla for an example. At this point most would rather just transfer to Valhalla, Eden, Olympus, etc… or quit the game.

We would even take paid transfer if you aren’t willing to give us a second free transfer token. Paying a small fee so we can have fun and play New World the way its intended to be played is well worth the money. Being stuck on low populated server cluster is just sadness all around, because the future doesn’t look as bright.

Our server lost many companies in the past month because their choices were to either transfer or quit the game, so they chose transferring to a more populated and fun server. Unfortunately for many people who have already used their first free transfer token, they are stuck and can not go anywhere. This is a big problem right now.

So please, if server merges won’t be happening VERY SOON, please either give us a second free transfer token or paid transfer option.

Please hurry@!

Assuming that goes smoothly, do you have a time frame for other mergers? Also, I’m assuming some servers should receive more than a single merger? As in, can we expect full world set mergers? If you were to mergers our entire set, during prime time hours you’d still be under server cap (significantly so. Roughly 1300 last I checked). Just hoping this is being looked at as merging us into a single other small server in our set will only raise our prime time peak from 130 to maybe 300, which us still a very low population.

1 Like

Any chance you can share with us when will we see next merges? What is the plan?
We really need them before Christmas on low pop servers. More and more people are leaving because servers are empty :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you for your time… and patience.

This is from New World Server Status and Population - New World Database

It is MY World Set. As you can see all servers here are Extremely low. My server is Hsuan.
I am hoping that all of these servers are to be merged into 1 server. Even merging them all will NOT make an average-sized server. But it would help to improve many people’s gameplay.

So PLEASE merge my whole World Set…
This would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

4 Likes

You would need to give people server xfer tokens because some world sets are just not populated enough even if you merge them all together. Like I said, a lot of people would gladly swipe just so they can have fun NOW rather than wait forever for the merges…and still end up with a low pop server after the merge.

1 Like

I suppose the server merge this week is the pilot run before AGS starts merging other servers to limit the fallout in case there is a catastrophic disaster :rofl:

1 Like

@Tosch @NW_Mugsy @Luxendra @Kay @Lane

How soon till you decide what servers will be merged next? alot of servers need to be merged to hit the 2k Server cap

under 1k server players is too low and will kill the game please understand this guys

2 Likes

How are you gonna merge servers with less that 10% population. Currently over 135 US East servers are like this.

only time our server even hits 100 or more is friday or saturday but max is 120, during the week were only at 65-80 max, for us in oour server 90% of our faction moved over to a single faction, plus of what was left of syndicate most of them also left to that other faction, then they worked together to destroy the balance on a dead server, now I login only to see how it is if theres enough for a opr then log off, once this whole change happened of unbalancing many of the remaining greens transferred to another server of what I know too.

I think they need to get all regions for merges happening, hire more teams and get it going instead of a world set per region which will leave the end region probably not playing anymore from waiting on a dead server for that long, as there isnt enough people to do much at all of the end game activities

AGS needs to give clear indication on whats happening, within the week and just get the ball rolling before they lose a large chunk again of their playerbase, I can’t even go on any elite runs when theres no one to do them and people already have their regular groups.