Weapon swap bug is still a thing for over a year. why can't you fix it?

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: Themightynewb
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:EL Dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:Weapon swap bug.
  • Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated)
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay:unable to swap to the proper weapon to use the ability I need to use.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:Weapon swap bug is still a thing. - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: It typically it happens mainly when using Ice gauntlet and getting hit by some sort of Crowd control effect while using weapon swap. It seems to completely break it. In both my clipsif you watch in slowmotion and pay attention to the hot bar…but I get CCed mid weapon swap. In the First example I get Shock waved and I go to use TOMB and I clearly have my fire staff active on my hot bar but I am using Tomb, and it instantly boots me out of it and I dodge and am able to get away. In my second clip, I go to Storm and then Spike and then azoth blast, but I get knocked down right as I go to swap weapons to use azoth blast. then while knocked down I try to swap back to my IG to use TOMB but the game just starts swapping back and forth between the two weapons and i only pressed it 1 time. incredibly frustrating. Been happening for over a year. NO fix ever.
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) every single day. Tired of it. finally made a clip about it happening.
1 Like

The team is working on this issue.

Can they work faster? Seriously. We have responses from community managers on this issue over 6 months ago and it’s still not fixed. How come they’ve been looking at it for at least 6 months with no resolution?

1. Priorities
  2. It is not that simple to find whats causing the bug and then to fix it. Especially for a bug like this that has multiple different triggers