Weaponsmith Pants Not Dropping from Entropy

• What is your character name in New World: RonnieDoitch
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ferri (all servers)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Weaponsmith Pants do not drop from Entropy
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: CANT CRAFT 595-600 WEAPONS
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NOPE
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I stopped recording Malevolence and Entropy kills after the 50th time…
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Check your code and see what is in the Entropy loot table vs. Malevolence table

Per patch notes, the Weaponsmith Pants are suppoed to drop from Entropy. When data is mined you can see from below this is not the case:

This item is tagged with “Malevolence” in the LootBucket. From what I’ve seen, the tag used for the “Malevolence Elite Stronghold” is “GenMal”.

In Vitals we can find the “Malevolence” tag on 1 mob under LootTags, being used like a Named mob’s identifier tag as if it is the name of the mob:
Dryad_Beast_Named_01

We can then append this to a trimmed NWDB creature link to quickly reverse-check its name:
https://nwdb.info/db/creature/

Mobs in the “GenMal” zone shouldn’t drop the item, but the mob with the tag “Malevolence” will, which is the Named Elite that is supposed to spawn on top of the Malevolence Elite Stronghold. I haven’t been up there since before 1.10, but it wasn’t spawning in the past.

These pants have been confirmed to drop from Malevolance, and the mined data above supports this. I get it, rare items should be rare. If there was one piece of gear for EVERY craft that was locked behind this kind of a grind (10 person boss that takes 5-10 minutes just to get to behind a wave of spawns) and this is intention game play, I have no quams. But its not the case. This is the ONLY craft with one piece of gear locking us out from 600 crafts. Why cant the trophy be this rare? At least give us 593-600 and then we can grind our balls off to raise the minimum.

Please confirm this is intended gameplay for the Weaponsmith Pants or if its supposed to be on Entropy (farmable by 5-man) like the patch notes say and community managers “confirm”

confused as to how being unlucky is a bug?

Patch notes state this item drops from Entropy. This item does not drop from Entropy. That is the bug. The rest is justification as to why this should be fixed and moved to Entropy like the patch notes and forum moderators confirmed here in November that they should indeed drop from Entropy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.