The Corruption of Aeternum is mysterious and unyielding, but rest assured that we’re here to help you with any issues you encounter to get you back into uncovering the many secrets and treasures that Aeternum is hiding.
Before setting out on an adventure please make sure that your system meets the following minimum system specs:
- CPU - Intel® Core™ i5-2400K, AMD CPU w/ 4 physical cores @ 3Ghz
- GPU - NVIDIA® GTX 670 2GB, AMD Radeon™ R9 280
- Mem - 8GB RAM
- Disk - 7200 HDD
- OS - Windows® 10 64-bit, DirectX 12
- Storage - 50 GB available space
For the optimal experience surviving the Corruption of Aeternum:
- CPU - Intel® Core™ i7-2600K, AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400
- GPU - NVIDIA® GTX 970, AMD Radeon™ R9 390X
- Mem - 16GB RAM
- Disk - SSD
- OS - Windows®10 64-bit, DirectX 12
- Storage - 50 GB available space
For a list of Known Issues/Bugs, please see this post: Closed Beta Known Issues (Last updated: 7/29/2021)
For a list of verified workarounds: Closed Beta Workarounds
For current Server Status: Server Status | New World
A compilation of Helpful links/Resources: Information - Helpful Links!
We are currently tracking these following Game Support Issues:
Can’t find the New World Beta in your Steam Library?
If you have pre-ordered the game prior to the 18th of July 2021, but do not see the New World Beta listed in your Steam Library, please try checking your Hidden Games in your Steam Library to see if the New World Beta is listed:
- Click on the View dropdown menu in the top-left of the Steam homepage.
- Select Hidden Games.
- A list of all your hidden games will appear.
Wanting to upgrade your copy of New World? How to upgrade to Deluxe Edition
- If you run into issues launching the game and your system meets the minimum requirements, be sure to verify the integrity of the game client files using the steps here: Steam File Integrity Check.
- Confirm that you are using the most recent GPU drivers for your Graphics Card (AMD) (NVIDIA).
- Confirm that you have the most recent updates installed for Windows 10.
- Check that you have the most recent BIOS updates installed (important for newer AMD Chipsets and Motherboards).
- Try a clean boot of Windows: How to perform a clean boot in Windows. (This will disable all non-essential programs from starting and test if there’s any background programs causing a conflict with the game.)
Launch Error: Product information not found
This is related to being on an Preview Insider build of Windows 10. If you encounter this error, you may be able to resolve it by turning IPv6 off:
- From the Start/Windows Menu, select Settings.
- Select Network and Internet.
- In the Status section, under Change your network settings, select ‘Change adapter options’.
- When the Network Connections window opens, right click your network connection.
- Select Properties.
- Scroll to Internet Protocol version 6.
- Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) box.
- Select OK to save your changes for the selected network adapter.
- Try launching the game again.
Should you still encounter this error and are on a Windows Preview Insider build, please roll back to a stable build of Windows 10 as we are not currently supporting Insider Builds during our Beta testing.
Launch Error: Easy Anti-Cheat is not installed
If you encounter the error ‘Easy Anti-Cheat is not installed’ when attempting to launch New World, please take the following steps:
- Look for your game directory( (usually …/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/New World Preview) and then go to the subfolder “EasyAntiCheat”.
- Click EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe to run the installer.
Once complete, try launching the game again.
Launch Error: Asset not found, unknown File version
If you receive the error message ‘Asset not found, unknown file version’ when attempting to launch New World, please try the following steps:
- Run a Steam Integrity Check.
- Completely uninstall and reinstall New World.
For most connection related (Lag, Latency) issues, begin with the following basic troubleshooting steps:
- Restart your PC and disconnect the power to your Modem and/or Router for 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power and wait for the internet connection to be restored before powering your PC back on and attempting to access the game.
- Try switching from a Wireless connection to a Wired one (if possible).
If that doesn’t help, we’ll need to completely reset and refresh the connection your computer has to the internet:
- From the Start menu, begin typing ‘cmd’.
- In the results that populate, right-click the Command Prompt result and select Run as administrator.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter. Wait a few seconds and when the command prompt appears, proceed to the next step.
- Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
- Restart your computer.
Connection Failed: Unable to establish connection with the server
Resolving this issue will require allowing or adding ‘newworld.exe’ to your Firewall.
If you do not have 3rd party Firewall software installed, this can be added via Windows Defender using the following steps:
- Select the Start/Windows button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and then Firewall & network protection.
- Select Allow an app through firewall.
- Look for and select ‘newworld.exe’ in the list of installed apps.
- Select OK.
Once added, try relaunching the Game again and confirm you are able to play without error.
Graphics & Performance
System Issue: 99% GPU Load
Some users may encounter a situation where playing New World will result in the GPU Load reaching 99%. Please give the following steps a try to fix this issue:
- Enable V-Sync (Please note that if you have GSYNC/FreeSync enabled, this will affect the refresh rate matching those features utilize).
Enabling V-Sync with NVIDIA Control Panel
Right-click your desktop and click ‘Nvidia Control Panel’.
Click Manage 3D settings.
Under ‘I would like to use the following 3D settings’ scroll down until you see Vertical sync.
Select Vertical sync and choose ‘On’ from the drop down, and then select Apply.
Enabling V-Sync with AMD Catalyst Control Center
Right click your desktop and click AMD Radeon Software (or press ALT+R)
Click the gear icon found on the top right of the app.
Click on “Graphics” at the bottom of the left-hand side
Click on Radeon Enhanced Sync to enable it.
Confirm that you have the latest updates installed for Windows.
Blurry Text/Blurry Visuals in-game
If you find the game blurry or text blurry and adjusting your native resolution does not fix the issue you can try these steps:
- Go to “New World” in your Steam Library.
- Click Settings.
- *Click Manage.
- *Browse Local Files.
- Right click on NewWorldLauncher and click properties.
- Click Compatibility.
- Click " Change High DPI Settings ".
- This will open a dialogue box - to select (checkbox) " Override high DPI scaling behavior " Make sure for Scaling performed by: “Application” is selected.
Game Crash: ‘Fatal Error NewWorld.exe’
If your game suddenly crashes and displays the message ‘Fatal Error NewWorld.exe’, please try the following steps to resolve this issue:
- Confirm your PC meets the [Minimum System Requirements]New World System Requirements - Support | Amazon Games).
2.Please note that for the Beta, Windows Insider builds are not supported.
*Please note that Windows Insider builds are not supported.
- Run a Steam Integrity Check.
- Make sure your Windows install (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027667/windows-10-update 171) is fully up to date and no update is pending.
- Reboot System.
- Uninstall and Reinstall New World.
- Reinstall Easy Anti-Cheat.
Should these steps not work, please try to repair the Microsoft Visual C++ distributable 2017.
This can be found within Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64, select this then choose ‘Modify’ and then select Repair in the pop-up that appears.
If you are missing this file, please download it directly from Microsoft here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads.
*Note: Please ensure that you are downloading the correct version of the files for your system (either x64 or x86), you can confirm which version you will need based on the version of Windows you are running.
If you are still experiencing issues, please use the following template to create your Game Support post and be sure to include screenshots (if applicable, or possible):
HDD: (game installed to primary OS storage, or secondary drive?)
Mobo BIOS Version:
Windows System Version and Build Number:
Physical Location/Region (i.e. Rome, Italy):
Internet Service Provider:
Error messages you are getting:
What is happening?:
Where are you in the process when you run into the trouble? (e.g. When I leave tutorial and enter the world, launching the game, teleporting to an outpost in Weaver’s Fen, etc.)
Safe travels across Aeternum! We truly hope you enjoy your time with us!