What should I focus on next with my gear?

I will happily take suggestions for my build regarding gear It’s basically full pyro + rapier, with some passives from the fire mage tree. I play it in melee range. I’m doing pretty OK with it in OPR and having tons of fun toasting people. I know it’s not meta, or the strongest build out there.

I’m enjoying it so much I started this thread earlier: Firestaff Suggestion

Skill setup here: New World Skill Builder - New World Database
I run 277 Int /200 Con (300 int with buff food)

I’m currently running full medium resil gear 590-595 gear (jewelry excluded, they are around 560). My talent perks atm are: Accelerated Flamethrower x2 (they seem to stack). Sundering Ripost, Leeching Flurry and Siphoning Flame thrower.

I run a FS 599 with Keen and Keenly Fortified with a Jasper in it (yes I get hit a lot while flaming people, that’s OK). For PvE or just to swap things up, I have another FS with Keen and Keenly empowered with an Emerald.

I have 2 rapiers, can’t decide which one I prefer. Both 595. One with Keen and Refresing strikes, the other one Vicious and leech. Both socketed with Ruby ofc.

Necklace (596) with Divine, Fortify (I stack fortify with passives and perks)
Ring (597) with Fire Damage and Leech
Earing (567) with Refreshing Toast and Regeneration.

I bought the leech ring without reading the fine print unfortunately. “does not trigger on persistent damage” meaning my flame thrower do not leech, but my light/heavy attacks and Incinerate and Burnout does. I also take advantage of the leech with my leech rapier + leeching flurry. So it’s still decent. But I do miss Sturdy, a lot.

I bought the Divine necklace because I was hoping to stack it with the leeching flame thrower.

The earing needs to be 590 for the upcoming patch.

did you get through all this? My hat is off for you. Any suggestions gearwise? Any legendaries you suggest I should start hunting? Any feedback is welcome.

There are plenty of other threads discussing weapon/build balance, we don’t need to do that in this thread. I’m just looking for suggestions regarding gear.

I’m currently running ful medium (heavy chest/helm etc) resil gear 590-595 gear (jewelry excluded, they are around 560). My talent perks atm are: Accelerated Flamethrower x2 (they seem to stack). Sundering Ripost, Leeching Flurry and Siphoning Flame thrower.
[7:38 PM] Bjorn Kagge: I run a FS 599 with Keen and Keenly Fortified with a Jasper in it (yes I get hit a lot while flaming people, that’s OK). For PvE or just to swap things up, I have another FS with Keen and Keenly empowered with “20% more damage on targets under 30% health” (don’t remember the name of the gem).

I have 2 rapiers, can’t decide which one I prefer. Both 595. One with Keen and Refresing strikes, the other one Vicious and leech.

Necklace (596) with Divine, Fortify (I stack fortify with passives and perks)
Ring (597) with Fire Damage and Leech
Earing (567) with Refreshing Toast and Regeneration.

I bought the leech ring without reading the fine print unfortunately. “does not trigger on persistent damage” meaning my flame thrower do not leech, but my light/heavy attacks and Incinerate and Burnout does. I also take advantage of the leech with my leech rapier + leeching flurry. So it’s still decent. But I do miss Sturdy, a lot.

I bought the Divine necklace because I was hoping to stack it with the leeching flame thrower.

The earing needs to be 590 for the upcoming patch.

did you get through all this? My hat is off for you. Any suggestions gearwise? Any legendaries you suggest I should start hunting? Any feedback is welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.