Why a mainly PvE mindset has litte to offer

You’re the one being Selfish. You are literally trying to force others to do what you want. It’s all about you, and not how others find their enjoyment.

If PVP was so fun, again, you wouldn’t be here begging for AGS to force people to flag for it. You would have a unending supply of players to kill to get your jollies off on.

AGS already did what you want, and it was so toxic, they had to delay the game for over a year.

Combat in this game isn’t good enough to have a real skill based pvp system. What we have right now, is just a button mashing system, with a system that cripples your ability to defend yourself. The game is literally chaining the players down, so you can’t get away. Mainly because PVP players were crying that they have to chase people all over the place. So they put in crap systems to prevent that from happening.

Let me tell you something, you’ll never get serious pvp gameplay, from a system that forces players to fight against their will.

Skill should be the most important, instead, like every MMO PVP, gear is king. In EQ, the only gear that had to be good enough was the tank, and even then if the cleric, and other players were good enough, they could make up for a paper tank. It actually was fun, because everyone really had to work together to succeed.

MMO games today are just solo games, with occasional grouping. No one even has to talk to anyone else.

PVE players don’t care what PVP players are doing, we don’t need you removed, yet, PVP players think they are the majority, yet, also complain because no one is PVPing…

Doom, Quake, Unreal Tournament, CS. Those games did pvp right, because all the players are equal, with just different weapons. Making the games more about skill. Death is unimportant, because you have no real investment, and you don’t really lose anything, and you can quickly respawn, and get back into the game. The game was rarely toxic like that.

MMO’s really aren’t designed for that kind of play. A action combat system would have a chance. The Berserker in Tera Online is probably the best template that NW should steal and incorporated into all the combat of NW. Plus how the mobs attack system works, how the mobs give little warnings on special moves, giving the player the chance to use skill and intelligence to out maneuver their attacks.

This is a MMO, literally meaning, you can play the game anyway you wish. If someone likes hunting rabbits, they can do that to their hearts content. If you like to kill people, well, you’ll have to find other liked minded players that think like you. The game shouldn’t force players to play with you. People tend to not like having their freewill taken from them. They will leave an environment like that.

It’s great that you love PVP, but trying to force people to play your way will never work.

1 Like

Combat in this game isn’t good enough to have a real skill based pvp system. What we have right now, is just a button mashing system

You have zero experience to be making a statement like this, none.

You can maybe rectify yourself and I’ll read the rest of it if you reference some PvP games you’re good at.

Let me just be clear @iceblast , I am a high ranking Tekken player for 3 installments.

a Low scrub Diamond V ranking League of Legends player for 4 years.

And was part of top guilds in Lineage 2, Archeage and BDO.

If you don’t like the combat system in NW, don’t slander it like if you know it, I can only imagine you don’t like it because you believe strongly in many skills on the tab targetted systems of L2, WoW, FF14 and the like.

no no… be the EPIC NPC MAN!

I have plenty of experience playing Tera Online, which has a much better active combat system to New World.

With all that supposed experience you have, you think New Worlds combat is good huh… Saying that, makes me question what you think is good.

I probably have 10’s of thousands of hours play pvp games, but I’ve never had a good experience playing MMO PVP.

Also, I think tab targeting pvp is so much worse than New Worlds combat.

Also, I hate WoW, such a crap game. Was to easy, WoW literally ruined mmo gaming. Never played L2, or FF14.

I have a ton of experience playing pvp, and mmo’s. I can see the limitations in NW combat system, and see how crippled it is. You’re fine with it, but I expected a hell of a lot more, considering Tera Online Berserker class does action combat way better than NW, and I think that came out in 2012. Also that’s a beautiful game, with beautiful characters.

NW only has 3 skills. If you get hit, your slowed, and if you try to step backwards, your slow. If you try to block, you have to wait for all animations to stop. While in real life, you can change direction mid action to block, or move. Making the combat unnatural. Instead of making the AI smart, they cripple the players ability to react. Which becomes even worse while fighting other players. You constantly feel like your fighting the system.

I want a true free action combat system. Where skill is the most important thing, not gear. If they could do that, every fight, PVE or PVP would be interesting. The replay value would be insane. Right now, it’s more same old same old. Just who can mash faster.

None of that matters, because you think PVP is so good, yet your here trying to force AGS to force PVP, while saying that’s not what you want. Yet, that’s exactly what you want, otherwise, why would you be complaining about lack of PVP players, and wanting something done about it. If players don’t like PVP, you think forcing them to it, is somehow going to be a good gaming experience.

There tons of other servers, find one with a healthy PVP Population, and move there. Then you get what you want. No need to destroy everyone elses fun, just because you aren’t having a good time.

The game is in no way designed to be played “the way you want to”, unless ofc you don’t mind being behind in a lot of areas.

I agree with this, there are game mechanics that push you toward working with others. Whether that be grouping to meet minimum requirements to enter a dungeon, or various PvP aspects that are intertwined into the questing/leveling.

I myself, have mostly played Solo PvE in my 250 hours in the game, with the exception of grouping to complete Amrine/Starstone/Depths. I just hit level 50, and feel like I’ve worked harder to get there than people who have a group of friends to grind together with.
But I wouldn’t say that someone in my position isn’t contributing overall to the towns, factions, and companies. Because I don’t have others to share resources with, I gather, refine, and craft all of my own stuff. I also own a home, purely for extra TP. The taxes from all of these things help the towns. Since I can’t farm PvP Quests and Dungeons, I mostly do town/faction board quests to get XP, which also both contribute. In addition, I also sell a lot of resources to the folks that PvP/War/OPR.

All of that said, playing PvE is harder, but everyone has a part. And I don’t plan on switching up, and no one is forced to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.