Why are PR department writing patch notes?

• Recently we lowered the amount of trade skill XP provided by lower tiered items when a player reaches a new tier of crafting bases per skill. To use metal as an example, when a player unlocks Steel recipes they earn less from crafting iron recipes. We did this to emphasize crafting higher tiered items as you progress through trade skills and to also improve the value of higher tiered materials. Our intention behind this change is to reward players for crafting higher tiered items as they progress through the ranks of each trade skill. Before this change, we found players were spending too much time crafting low tier items as opposed to pushing their crafting skill up crafting items that they may actually use at their current level.

What the hell was that about? Sharing thoughts and prayers about changes in previous patch that completely ruined already semi-functioning progression?

2 Likes

This is diversity and progressive. It’s the new normal.

I’m looking forward to full paragraphs of how many of the patches & the code itself will help curb climate change eventually.

5 Likes

I dunno what you are talking about, but this is just bad devs and bad structure. They are validating as per usual their poor decisions to make bad decisions, instead of fixing their decisions, in hopes of keeping players longer which will actually, cause new players to never want to join at all. As long as there is someone who can say “it used to be like this” there is no reason for a new player to do it in the current state.

3 Likes

PR Department sees major concern around an issue the developers are not willing to budge on, so they put a softening statement in the patch notes hoping it will curb frustrations.

Might work on people who haven’t ever played an MMO.

They are creating problems where there were none after watching player behavior so that they can sell you solutions to those problems later on. (Not you specifically, the playerbase, old and new.)

1 Like

It’s filler to mask how slim this supposed patch is. Remove the paragraphs, and you are left with 9 lines regarding fixes. That was the most this dev team could muster… Pathetic.

2 Likes

It is so damn unprofessional, I used to love this game, but they keep driving it into the swamp, I haven’t logged for weeks now. I keep looking at patchnotes when they drop. Nothing but bad decisions

Imagine if Cyberpunk made a patch note that said "So we understand a lot of you wanted a fully fleshed out world, but in order for us to meet the deadline we had to cut a lot of corners, soooo what we have done is just make parts of the world REALLY REALLY hard to get past, this way, when you finally do get to the parts we have not finished, JUST MAYBE, we will have shut down and gotten your money sans a negative review because “I got my moneys worth”, or we might be hanging on long enough to create another gate-keeping area in the game to buy more time til we can finish all the other stuff we broke getting this far, honestly we don’t even know how we got this far… but it is a great system! YOU WILL LOVE IT!

AND NEW PLAYERS? They won’t even care, cause they don’t know, they will just think, “huh… this takes a long time, hard game is hard, must git gud! Love the PvE ‘CONTENT’.”

Congratulations.

1 Like

That might be the case, still, it serves no purpose other than making people angrier

A company like this is not getting any more of my money I quit this shitty game. AGS is incompetent.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.