Why are PvPers unhappy about Expertise?

I totally get it, having your 600 GS reduced to ~520 (the chests did surely reward some upgrades to your HWM) effectively feels dumb. But thats for all of the PvPers not having done HWM grind, so those still are all equal and you also get to grind your expertise with PvP.
Obviously the PvPer who where doing grind runs will have an advantage, true, but I would assume this gap is closeable. Also as a PvP you might like the challenge of beating someone higher than you as long as that is achievable obviously (by skill, a bit of luck and so forth).
So why exactly is a purely pvper unhappy?

Because, like almost everyone else, they do not want to do the seriously boring and stupid hwm chest/elite grind that is now more or less mandatory to be efficient?

15 Likes

Because they never gave us a reason to increase it. The game was designed so that we could spend our time doing PvP (flipping/protecting towns, Wars, OPR) and still be geared as long as we had money or friends.

Now they are changing the rules and giving PvE players a huge advantage by nerfing all our gear that we payed a fortune for.

I like a lot of the changes, but nerfing my items and forcing me into a grind that they made harder (drop nerfs) is a real gut punch.

19 Likes

Because as fun as the pvp may be, it’s not fun enough to make me want to grind that dogshit pve to undo the nerf AGS is bestowing upon me.

9 Likes

incoming “Well we’re forced to flag, now you’re forced to PVE”

2 Likes

Because this will not only affect pvpers. Are crafters and gatherers a joke to you?

I for one like the idea of Gypsum not the execution. Don’t nerf the people that bought the gear to be able to clear the “Overtuned” elite areas that takes 20 -40 people to clear. Specially on low pop servers (which I’m on) we manage to get a myrk run going once a week, we cant even clear the Corrupted portals in them as it is a revival simulator.

5 Likes

I would be the first to comment this. but the stupiditiy of the HWM system is larger than that.

Nothing changed for you, nothing.

Its Just PVE Players finally getting the Reward they deserve.

Just Like you did Last Patch.

You can still improve your Watermark from OPR.

1 Like

Still lurking forums so yes nothing changed :smiley:

i like it they begged for open world pvp they got it gathers were forced to face flagged grief to be equal now they got to pve to be equal.

1 Like

This is just not true, as a pvp player you still can do pvp and “grind” your expertise that way

As said, you still can do pvp stuff and grind your expertise that way, as far as I understand no pve grinding necessary (but i might be wrong)

I am more or less one of those crafter and gatherers, so yeah, that change will hit me quite hard. Thats why I am asking pvp players

1 Like

So from the answers so far, people are struggling with the concept of their gear effectiveness being reduced (as the main factor) and also thinking with expertise they need to do grind trains (well if you want your expertise level maxed before the patch, that is true, but you could also wait and just grind with pvp and dont need to change anything).

I’m not a PVP player but im guessing that if they play solely pvp they would lose to the people that engaged in PVE as well. It wont be as balanced as buying/crafting their 600 gs items and fighting it out with their optimal builds. It’s all about AGS forcing us to play the grind and not letting us have fun the way we want it.

Even with gathering with the pvp change, good thing on our servers the people that were gathering still shared the nodes, we didnt kill each other for it. There are times we get ganked but we are in a low pop server so it didnt happen as much. RIP for high pop servers though.

2 Likes

They are not nerfing your items they are nerfing your character that now have to progress to become stronger.

1 Like

So basically your items would still be in a weaker state if you did not engage in their Expertise/Watermark System. For you to get the benefit you would still need to grind out the part of the game that for a group of people that dislike. 600 gs jewelry that you bought for 20-30k coin would be devalued unless you grind out gypsum dailies to get your 500-510 watermark up to 600. would take you atleast 300 days for the 3 jewelry slots to be maxed out. Then you need to get your armors up and all the different weapons. With just this alone people will need to grind out gypsum for years if gypsum is the onlything you do. Sure you can farm elite mobs and chests but they nerfed that too.

Dont engage in dungeons? well too bad for you. Is that how the game should be played now? Give people that gathered/crafted love. Not everyone has the time / enjoy elite runs/ dungeons.

2 Likes

real pvpers play pvp games where is some sort of balance… they want be good for skill not for wearing GA/WH :)) So in NewWorld is minimum of pvp players… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Are you fully aware that the system, aka playing the game, includes these activities:

• Obsidian Gypsum – defeating level 60+ open world named bosses, typically found in Elite Landmarks
  • Sapphire Gypsum – defeating the final bosses of The Lazarus Instrumentality and Garden of Genesis
  • Ruby Gypsum – found in Outpost Rush Caches
  • Emerald Gypsum – found in Trade Skill Aptitude Reward Containers
  • Citrine Gypsum – found in Arena Caches
  • Amethyst Gypsum – found in Breach Caches
  • Topaz Gypsum – found on hostile creatures Level 55+, but only after consuming a special Attunement Potion that can be crafted at a Tier 5 Camp.

Ur not a PvPer if you don’t guild up against other guilds in Myrk change my mind