since it’s all getting lost in a 500+ replies thread, that too many read and then mansplain, complain we want only bobbie plate, etc without reading… or any response from AGS.
Does AGS think we wouldn’t notice? That those who are female or even play females as a preference, wouldn’t? For a game that claims it’s trying to be inclusive, it’s erased almost 50% of the gaming population, that’s not being inclusive.
Female players also like PVP, i started my first mmo in the 90’s with a PVP game, so pointing out it’s PVP is not a valid excuse for what has been done. At this point there are hundreds, if not thousands of MMO’s that have actual female characters. There is no excuse to have not made any for this game except for NPCs. You gave us a shoddily reskinned male, without even making a token effort to change it to female other than a scream when getting hit.
in what 5? years of developement, complaints since alpha about this issue, 1000’s of forum responses… and we still don’t have female characters to play and some have left already or are considering leaving. 49% of gamers are female, you insult our intelligence, us as a player base, and anyone else who prefers to play a female character with this… especially with your lack of response. we’re not being “woke”, we’re not being femnazi, we just want to be able to play an actual female character in a game that claims it’s trying to be inclusive.
what we do NOT want:
- reskinned male skeleton
- male movements, male stances
- male preportions of shoulders, hands, and feet
- male clothing IE: male bulges in pants, codpieces in faction armour etc if we’re playing a female character
- the less is more, aka chainmail bikinis, overt sexualization of our characters common in some games… like boobiplate, which you gave us, after we specificly said it’s not what we wanted during the closed beta
- large breasts or jiggle mechanics, we don’t need it to be shown as female
what we do want:
- female skeleton
- female movement and stances, women have a lower center of gravity and as such move differently from males… and it’s noticable. we are not asking for a slutty walk etc, just the friggen basics
- female preportions of body parts, the current ratios are wrong
- more than what is it 3? 4? actual female bits of clothing and armour from cloth to plate. dresses, robes, leather hunting gear, plate that doesn’t clip through the female form
- armour from cloth to plate that actually FITS the female form… in this game we can make our own, do you honestly think we would make stuff for ourselves that wouldn’t fit? it does not mean making new armour with cutouts, massive breasts, it means… make the current items conform when on a female character.
- outfits in the store, not even a token one in there… count this and soon to be king that, really? you want us to buy stuff made for males only?
- to not look like beardless teenaged boys
for those who cry “realism! women weren’t historically warriors! etc”, that went out the door when they made the token female characters, the beta lion, rabbit, and that pink leather outfit with no way to see in the helm… or most of the armours in the store and drops that no one in history would wear into battle because they’re impractical fantasy armour. never mind there have been female warriors through out history in many cultures.
and for those who will point out fixes like the exploits etc… unless it’s an extremely small company, devs who do character design, are not the same ones who work on the other aspects. giving us actual female characters, which should have been made or corrected years ago, will take away nothing from fixing the other game issues.