Why Are There NO Playable Female Characters?

Yes :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I thought so

Inclusion is why it matters.
The first thing we do is not war, it is customize our characters to create a feel of attachment, so that when we war, for some it means something.
I wish we could dye skins, strange that we cannot considering how expensive some of the wearables skins cost.

4 Likes

Yeah I have zero attachment to my character in this game. It might as well be a pacman blob.

4 Likes

Sort of The skeleton is definitely a male form. It just looks like a smaller male, no movement or shape that would indicate the skeleton is female.

3 Likes

Oooh where did the pictures go? was just about to comment on them! Did you delete them @Lady-Hexx ?

No… the pictures of my version of the Crimson Count were deleted by AGS, or whomever.
I don’t know why they were deleted…

• they were on topic,
  • my comments were polite,
  • I didn’t speak ill of anyone.

The images were doctored by me, I put a couple of skirts on the count outfit, just showing what AGS could have done.
(Maybe it was a copyright issue… but it was doctored over a percentage, so it shouldn’t be copyright.)

And to be honest… if they had added skirts, they would have made a lot of money in the game store…

I don’t want to post the images again, as they would probably delete the post… without informing me…again…
(They inform you when your post is hidden)

3 Likes

Well my comment would have been on the second one you “made” with the skirt, that was beautiful and I definitely would have bought that had it been available.

1 Like

AGS can and do make female characters in New World… like Isabella…

She has curves that are feminine. But our toon looks and stands like a man.
The question is, why cant our toons be more feminine like other characters in New World?
Why cant she stand like a female, as Isabella does.

They can do it… but it seems they are choosing NOT to.
I am sad.
:sob:

5 Likes

Yes, that’s lovely got the stance right and everything.

1 Like

Something that was posted in another post is from one of the AGS team…
New Hairstyles and places to change it in game - #30 by IceNovaChaos!
FancyFenrir
Community Moderator
Hey JZK, thanks for the feedback!

In terms of in-game locations where players can change their appearance, I do like the idea of having hairdressers, barbers, etc.

As New World grows, you can expect character creation options to also expand. That said, whether such cosmetic changes will be done so via location-specific establishments, is something the developer team will look into.

Thanks again for the creative suggestion!

So they are thinking of adding ‘cosmetics’ to the game where they will expand character creation options…
Let’s hope they will give us an option to have more ‘feminine’ options. Options of whether we choose the toon already in-game, or something more curvy (not overtly).

Edit: Sadly, by the time they do this, I will probably already have finished the game.

Yikes. So they will close threads and delete pictures but they will not converse with people who would like them to expand their inclusivity and choice. Now doesn’t that just speak volumes.

3 Likes

Agree :purple_heart:

My posts were also removed. Without providing a reason.
They should, at the very least, give us a reason. Because I honestly have no idea why our posts were deleted.
AGS, silently erasing posts is not how you communicate with your customers.
This appears to be a new method of censoring feedback and opinions.

2 Likes

… and people who are willing to spend money on outfits from in-game store.
I guess they don’t want our money.

1 Like

Especially as that “creative suggestion” had already been suggested by me a few weeks ago…several times…and I got NO feedback at all.

I see the nasty children have found this thread, what a vile bunch of street kids they are.

For @LordLucian for your information I am the furthest from “woke” you can get. That’s the total opposite political viewpoint to mine. It’s this company who is “woke” pandering to a 0.001% of the male population. (love your name, gave me a good laugh).
For @Sidrinius if you were my kid you’d have your internet time removed for a month at least. Once again…I’m as far away from a Snowflake you can get. I’m suprised they hid your comment, most of the gutter stuff I report is usually deemed looked at and OK by moderators.

No doubt this post will be hidden, removed or me even banned for pulling up the prepubescent slurry. I swear Amazon want the worst playerbase they can get…provided of course they’re all gender fluid.

3 Likes

I literally saw 3 nude female characters stripping on top of windsward fiber cart this week. No clue wtf this post is about.

so, they will police it enough to remove threads even ones that aren’t derogatory, but not enough to reply… nice AGS nice…

1 Like

It is about the fact that the female toon in New World is a male. AGS have used the male model and just put a couple of small bumps on the chest.

So, the female toon is really a male, and that she moves and stands like a male. What we have is a ken doll parading as a female.

We would like to be able to play with a female toon. (that sounds terrible)…
To identify with our toon better, (for some of us)… we need our toon to be female, not male.

5 Likes

Well… Hallelujah…
[Dev Blog] Update on Current Issues #2.

Representation and Character Customization/Design

When we talk about aesthetics especially for characters and player gear, we envision Aeternum as an immersive world that feels grounded in real history but also serves as a jumping off point into the fantastical. Our intent is everything the players encounter feels exaggerated and dramatic yet still believable; offering a sense of the familiar but also of otherness. Beyond just historical accuracy, we seek to bring to life how it might feel living on a supernatural island dealing with the various magical forces and dangers it contains. Like our players, our narrative brings people to this island from all over the world and we want our characters and gear to reflect that wide diversity. We also believe strongly in player expression and giving players a wide range of options, looks and styles to choose from.

Looking ahead we intend to continue adding more outfit variety both in cultural and narrative driven looks; some more grounded, historical and functional while others may feel more whimsical or supernatural in nature. Finding that balance is something we continue to experiment with for each outfit. Artistically we gravitate towards making a dramatic statement rather than risk being too safe in our designs. This approach may result in a few elements that feel outlandish to some but often will land us in a much more evocative and interesting visual space that we hope feels unique. We also intend to continue adding variety in outfits that offer a more feminine or masculine look that can be worn by all body types. As for character creation looking further ahead we have a few plans for how we can expand the available options as well as offer new ways to customize your character. Our goal is for players to be able to create a character that they can relate to and that fits the personality they want their character to convey.

Looks like we will be getting our wish sometime in the future… Thankyou AGS.

4 Likes