Why are YOU still playing New World?

Looking for real answers here. If you want to flame that’s cool too.

I log in once a week to run PvP stuff with the two friends I have that still play this game.

5 Likes

I got the game before Christmas on sale and am still leveling and have a few friends I play with.

3 Likes

Nice! Enjoy what you can.

1 Like

PVP :innocent:
if i don’t have a war, i OPR or fight over forts.

1 Like

PvP is LIFE!

1 Like

Duel outside WW

5 Likes

I am currently logging in to do the refining cooldowns and place my tent on top of the orichalcum veins to mess up with the bots.

3 Likes

Why would u assume that we are still playing New World?

11 Likes

Because the MMO space is entirely dead and desperate for anything. So I’m clinging onto the latest and grea- uhh… yeah… I just pathetic and bored. And there’s nothing else to play. I ONLY do OPR since there’s no real incentive to pvp.

9 Likes

I play the game w/ my husband and our small gaming community members. There are still many bugs that need to be addressed, but overall it’s a fun MMO w/ a very good crafting system, pvp, and some pve (though I find the pve grindy - but that’s how it is for most MMOs). I think the foundation for a phenomenal game is here, just waiting for certain things to be implemented like new weapons, new expeditions, new crafting, etc.

Did someone say “barber”? No, well I’m also hoping for a barber so we can change hair and I hope for more weapon/armor skins so there is more variety in everyone’s look.

2 Likes

agreed, would also like to see some sort of possible transmog system for items you like the look of but are not useful to you.

2 Likes

Have you tried Archeage Unchained? its fun and PvP is pretty epic. Just a suggestion.

I’ve been back to that Xbox / PS5 life waiting to new life to be breathed into an MMO (either new or existing)

Sadly AGS lost my confidence in making New World into something great. It was fun for the first couple months. Now … well i don’t want to be the negative one on this thread.

6 Likes

I honestly dont know. I have not had fun in this game in a long time aside from the 3V3 tournament one company held last weekend. It is sad when player created content is the ONLY fun i have had in months. The game has huge potential, maybe that is why i log in.

Sunk cost fallacy.

7 Likes

it HAD potential. Sadly now it appears AGS is focused on other things.

7 Likes

Because I am still enjoying myself - weird answer I know - and I am still levelling some things.
I am lucky, though, as I really don’t take this stuff seriously so things like the exploits I just laugh at - how dumb can people be to cheat over a meaningless video game.
The scenery is also pretty decent so sometimes it is just fun to wander around and do random stuff while watching the sunsets.

2 Likes

Because my wife and I are still having fun. When that ends, so will our time here.

2 Likes

and THAT is what a video game is all about. Glad you enjoy it!

1 Like
  1. everything else out I have played for 5- 10 years already

2. waiting for the new games
    a. Ashes of Creation
    b. Pantheon
    c. Lost Ark
    d. Elden Ring
    e. Stray Blade
    f. Baldurs Gate 3

3. Want to try the GreatSword

4 Likes