Why do healers & dex players have such massive egos?

Genuinely curious. If I had a nickel for every time I saw a healer or musket player trying to win a discussion by claiming “intellectual superiority,” well, I wouldn’t be rich but it’s weird it happens so often.

We’re all playing the same video game. Pressing LMB while someone else is pressing W + LMB does not make you a more intelligent person.

So it is very strange to see someone who relies on the only tab target system in the game fall back on the argument of “I play X so I am smarter than you and always correct about everything.”

Honestly I would argue that elitism is pretty much common in new world. There are a lot of reasons for that as well. It’s just the type of people that pvp attracts.

2 Likes

I’m conflicted.

While I’m intellectually superior to most of you, I’m also quite mediocre at PvP.

Hmmm.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t paint with such a broad stroke here. I don’t think it has anything to do with the attributes they choose to play with. Most play the “meta” and will follow whatever will get them the biggest endorphin high.

I think more than anything its the keyboard warrior syndrome, people feel empowered by the anonymity of the internet and feel that gives them the right to treat others with disrespect.

:beers:

3 Likes

Hey now! I’m a dex user from way back and I’m a potato at best! Quit trying to make me sound SMRT!

1 Like

Mediocre at pvp? No, just jump into a crowd of enemies and use riposte,

See how they all got stunned and you took no damage? That’s because you out-thought, out-planned, and out-played them on a physical, mental, and spiritual level.

Use flèche to make a timely exit while their pea-brains try to comprehend how outclassed they are.

It’s all individuals. You can make some generalizations but it’s everywhere. This post just feels like it’s intending to get people riled up on either side.

2 Likes