Why has AGS not removed this shitty reporting system? Another false ban

This stream literally proved it, that they have an automated system in place. What AGS staff is going to be on at 4 am, TEMPORARILY banning a player for CHEATING, who has also been unbanned 2 DIFFERENT times for the same reason. I have never heard of a game that temporarily bans for cheating. These threads come up because the system gets abused, why would players like this be getting banned in the first place if there wasn’t a shitty system in place to do so?

21 Likes

ah yes, just because they say there isnt there must not be. Its not like muskets literally get banned almost every other week because of mass reports. I remember arguing with u about this a while ago. ur pretty gullible I must say.

9 Likes

#FreeChongal

6 Likes

#FreeChongal

6 Likes

Remove these automated bans from mass reporting, AGS.
What’s stopping players from doing this during wars for example?

#FreeChongal

4 Likes

There is something wrong with the moderation department at AGS.

By the way, I do not know how much his VODs will help. I sent AGS my entire time stamped gameplay footage (I record every time I play) and the moderator(s) who reviewed my appeal didn’t click on any of it (I tracked the view/download count).

I never sent any logs before because I didn’t know what “logs” they were looking for, but I saw this in a thread the other day. I was going to send my logs today to see if a moderator will take a look at them, but I’m sure I’ll just get an automated reply.

1. Press Windows+R on the keyboard, type %localappdata% and press enter.
  2. Open the most recent file from this folder: AGS/New World/LogBackups.
  3. Send the logs file that you see in the LogBackups folder.

#FreeChongal

1 Like

Embarassing. Same thing happened just yesterday at one of my guildmates good with musket.
We are opening right now another thread on this forum.

10 Likes

Do it. Don’t let this go. We need to get them change something.

1 Like

Huh?

They even admitted mass reporting is a thing lol.

3 Likes

Isn’t that concerning to you they have to deny mass reporting “at least 10 times a day.” It doesn’t matter if it’s mass reporting or not. Something is wrong. People are getting banned and they don’t know why.

If you look through the forums, almost everyday since the update someone or someone’s friend is getting banned, and they don’t know why. That, in itself, is a failure of the moderation department.

Additionally, the people denying mass reporting do not work in the moderation department.

“false ban” HA HA! copium, that kid probably cheated and you come here defending him, pathetic.

3 Likes

@donjuan You should be the one that got killed in his livestream, and went cry to ags with your favourite tool “mass report”

I guess you are aware there are websites that sell cheats for New World right?
They are in business since launch now. Do you think they would still be operating without customers?
So we do agree that people are buying cheats. And not just a few. Else the sites would shut down.
You are also aware that with every update the EAC system is updated and detects new versions of cheats.
And now ask yourself again why after the last updates people are banned.
And they do know why. Don’t worry.

2 Likes

normally id agree with you, but unfortunately ive seen this happen so many times. lets try and think about this logically though. try and explain why someone would be TEMPORARILY banned for cheating. This is completely unrealistic and is getting out of hand

then explain why its a temporary ban

1 Like

I would like to know too.
They should stop with temp bans for cheating and make it perma.
Then it maybe would stop. No one is scared anymore.

He’s been unbanned both times for “cheating” and he has the vod of his entire gameplay before getting live banned. Fact of the matter is there’s clearly no manual review being done for someone to have been falsely banned THREE times. Imagine how this can be and is already being abused to flag a company’s best players right before an important war.

4 Likes

Yes, people cheat, and maybe I would side with you if I never had the experience of being banned in new world, I don’t know.

But imagine if some of these people are telling the truth? Imagine today you get banned and you don’t know why. It would suck, right? I can tell you with all sincerity that I had no idea why I have been banned, and it is not pleasant.

2 Likes
1 Like