Why is tracking so inconsistent?

Hello NW Forum,

I have been monitoring how tracking in the game works and I would love to know why it is so damn inconsistent? 9/10 times Ore is not tracked properly, I can see the node on the compass when I am standing right next to the ore. Why bothering with adding tracking at all if it works like that? I AM LITERALLY STANIDING on top of the ORE so I CAN SEE IT BY MYSELF, I do not need the compass to show it to me…
And what is even worse it mostly does not work anyway. Most of the time the tracking doesn’t show anything not even when I am right on top of the damn ore node.

The only thing which this game tracks are animals but with every “expensive” resources, you do not actually track it until you are up of the resources a**.

SO how does it actually work? Why I need to work my a** off to be able to track high end resources when the tracking does not even work?

Hi @EliskaMM!

I hope you are doing well.

I understand your issue, I’m pretty sure from my own experience that ore nodes have a different radius than other resources so it will show once you are closer to the actual node, animals for example will show up farther away in the compass so there is like a bigger radius. If there is a node and you can’t see it in the compass well you might be at the level to be able to track it or secondly it might be a bugged node in which we can make a report here, [Megathread] New World 1.2.2 Update Bug Reporting by using the following template:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

Hopefully this helps if not let me know.

Take care and have a good one! :smiley:

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that the radius for nodes is smaller. If the node is bugged bc it does not show then I would spent a whole year reporting “bugged” nodes. Most of the high end resources (not just nodes, but wyrwood and ironwood also) shows on the map when you stand right next to it.

And that still does not answer the issue that it does not show at all even when I stand right on top of the resources.

Thanks for the quick reply @EliskaMM! I appreciate that.

Ok and are you able to mine those resources that don’t show up in the compass?

yes I can mine them or harvest the resource.

Ok I understand @EliskaMM!

Quick question when you are on a resource that doesn’t appear on the compass by any chance have you noticed if there are a lot of other resources nearby? Also it went over my head but have you tried any troubleshooting like verifying game files on steam:

1. Open your Steam client and go to LIBRARY . Right click New World and select Properties . In the left pane, select LOCAL FILES. Then click Verify integrity of game files.
  2. Allow the verifying to complete.

Or:

Delete specific game files
You should back up the files before deleting in case things go wrong.

1. On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) to invoke the Run box.
  2. Type or paste “%appdata%” and click OK.
  3. Go to AGS > New World and delete the following:
    The savedata folder
    The user_preload_settings file
  4. Now you can restart New World.

Also maybe try tweaking the New World settings to check if that does anything.

Hopefully this helps if not I’ll be here helping you out further.

Hey,

yea I did validate the files. That did not help. I think it is visual bug same like corrupted portals not showing on map even tho you know they are there.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

1 Like

I tried my best @EliskaMM!

Either way I will be reporting this to the team, I already have another post that I reported of the corrupted portals not showing up, it is really annoying and I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you want you can contact our live customer support here, Contact Us | Amazon Games , and tell them of the situation and show them this forum thread so they create a ticket. This is just to give more visibility to the team as I will try to inform them from my end too.

Take care and hopefully this is fixed soon.

1 Like