Why play anything but great sword

It does 50% more dps that hatcht or ss. So yea its broken as f… And dont compare GS damage with WH combo. Any player that isnt stupid know you have to setup WH combo first, it does take some effort. While GS you spam skills and LMB.

GS is most stupid weapon this game ever had when it comes to mele. Only same lvl of bad design is musket.

1 Like

Or teleport you 5m with the insane homing/tracking mechanic…

1 Like

You mean normal tracking that should be in all weapons? Yeah, can agree. Situation where single light dodge is enough to escape any melee danger is a joke.

1 Like

I see you are a LMB spambot. Have a day.

1 Like

Only bad players die to that, maybe you are not a good one?

Only bad players want tracking on every weapon. Otherwise bad players would not be able to kill anyone. Seems you are in this category :slight_smile:

1 Like

No its not. Mele builds have lot of gap closure skills and cc. You just have to land them But 90% + of mele playes is unable to use brain. They just randomly cast skills expecting other player to stand in place and face tank it. And on top of that they always follow up LMB spam.

Mele has to be easy to play couse most players cant get any better. But lets not make “easy to play” into “spam LMB to kill”.

2 Likes

Nah, everyone should understand it would only make the game a star wars wannabe. Ranged weapons are strong because they are safe and they are safe because they can shake off melee easily. Remove tracking, go for it - but prepare for a shootout meta afterwards.

1 Like

And you keep forgetting that ranged players have a melee weapon too. Dodge roll is not only defensive ability they have. They just need to take 50% of your hp before you get to them and then easily win melee range.

Also, gap closers can be used to escape too :slight_smile: no wonder meta rn is musket and bow. Even in wars 10 ranged dudes with mortal empow is a must.

Melee can only manage a ranged player with a GA chase build and a healer. Unless ranged guy is totally useless and doesn’t even land headshots but that’s a given since ranged weapons have high skill requirement.

1 Like

imagine standing still for 1,5 seconds while enemy casts cross cut. you cant be serious lmao

1 Like

Well it isnt the best but you can hope you propably wont die in first 2 hits of crosscut and third will not land. Or juat use your 2nd weap entomb :man_shrugging:

No all. Mages do not have mele weapons and yet they are range build that is super close to bruisers.

Dex and Int builds do not have much escapes. Compared to how much gap closures and cc str mele weapons do have - its not even honest to try to compare.

As i said. Issue is only with musket. With rapier nerf bows are not that hard to close hap and arrows easy to avoid. Mage was never an issue couse its max 15m gap you have to close - so 2-3sec of W + 1 gap closure skill.

Only issue is musket. And issue is that weapon is bad design and broken.

Maybe in your dreams. Moment you get out of tomb you get hit by any auto attack or skill and you are dead. And they will hit you couse range of this weapon is bigger than dodge distance. And even if they miss they folloup with rele rush and then auto attack. Weapon is broke as f… and only ignorant who never play any light armor build will say its not.

1 Like

Don’t play light then? The entire point of leap on attack is to enable chasing at all otherwise the penalty from swing will be outranged by simply holding W and spamming shift. That should not happen, light armor should and hopefully will be further penalized in going melee.

So i should not play build i like couse devs f… up game by adding broken weapon to the game? Hell no. I play what i like. I just dont pay for skins untill they fix their crap.

1 Like

Yeah but dont cry that some weapons beat you in combat they were designed for. It is absurd to expect that ranged player can escape from melee weapons when already being in melee range. You got caught? Bad luck, pay attention next time. Noone needs more survi on ranged builds, we already have like 70% pop using musket, bow or ig/bb

1 Like

I don’t believe it is 6k in a single attack lol , you gotta show a video of that

1 Like

Depends. If design should be that after mele close distance it should be almost impossible for range to get out. Then all range build do need tools to stop mele from closing gap - cc or insane dmg. Right now bow have this tools, but im not sure if they are good enouht. But mages - they dont.

Previous deisgn was that mele had easy time in closing gap and ranges had tools to get out. Only issue was some range builds had to many tools.

1 Like

since the beginning of the game, there have been weapons that are too powerful, there have been weapon releases like the void gauntlet or the bunderbluss and the GS, the first 2 changed the meta of the game, the GS has just one hype but didn’t change the meta in any way. there is always so much WH or GA, The GS is strong, but does not even need rebalancing while the void and BB have had several nerfs.

LOL