Why PTR so hard?

7 Likes

I’ll be honest, there’s a lot of us who don’t have any interest in the starting experience. Instead of forcing it on us, let us choose. I want to test the great sword and combat, not level a fresh character on the PTR, and I know I’m not the only one.

1 Like

You can find a greatsword in the starting experience. (Also explained in the welcome message)

4 Likes

But they’re not testing lvl 60 content nor combat at this time. it’s the new starting experience that’s being tested.

4 Likes

True, but I can’t test it with all the abilities without leveling it all the way to 20 on a fresh character with no gear. I can’t see how it performs with equivalent gear to what I have on the Live Servers. PTR is supposed to exist so that we can help you test things for live implementation. I’m not leveling a new character on live, I’m a geared level 60 player.

This is a test server, it’s incremental. You test the things that are the focal point. Level 60 is not a focus point, it’s early game mechanics, specifically with greatsword - If you read the entire notes,.

Kinda funny fighting over 20 people for a boar:) - Now, why is there a loading queue for PTR that’s a better question. Let’s stress test this.

1 Like

This is a rolling PTR so other features will come later.

They are also testing the weapons and combat experience. Most people playing this game are already max level and want to test what things are like at that max level, not for something they won’t be doing (i.e. leveling characters).

1 Like

I think this is why it makes sense to have “pro-tester” status submitting bugs etc, because those that are trying to break things cant actually get in.

My friend, this PTR is dedicated to this:

The STARTING EXPERIENCE.

5 Likes

AND Greatsword, AND combat/balance. They added more than just new starting zones.

2 Likes

Must have overlooked this post my friend.

1 Like

Keyword: Incremental

7 Likes

Oh my goodness. I keep seeing complaints like these. Did you guys even read the PTR notes? They are rolling changes incrementally with the “Starting Experience” as the first focal point. We will eventually get to the other additions; we just start with this one. If you don’t want to test this part, wait a few weeks.

7 Likes

Reading is hard. Complaining is easy.

7 Likes

I really like the new starting leveling so far!

2 Likes

If we want this game to grow/recover there needs to be a good leveling experience for new players. Who better to test this than those of us that have already gone through that once or twice. If we enjoy this process then it will be enjoyable to brand new players.

5 Likes

@op: Just so you know, it’s called Public Test realm for a reason.

1 Like

If you don’t want to help TEST the game in the limited INCREMENTAL release of this phase, just skip it and let others put in the work. Whining about not having fully geared capability out of the gate is not productive and it seems you just don’t get the point. So this phase of the PTR isn’t for you perhaps. Patience, Padawan.
Personally, I have no problem leveling up the Greatsword to 20 as a low level character while going through the changes in the starting experience as well. There are already higher leveled characters on the PTR (from people that did not just spend their time complaining) and soon there can be the effective testing of the combat/balance you so desperately desire. If you are not motivated to do something positive for the community in this phase of the game testing then just get out of the way. This isn’t for you.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.