Why PTR so hard?

Late coming up, up for under 3 minutes, down for 15 minutes so far , for a “brief restart”. I am baffled at how complicated they make these things seem :slight_smile:

It’s like a giant meme

It’s back up. There was an issue with the tutorial which we posted here: [Notice] Restarting PTR Servers

Why can’t we select level 60 chars?

2 Likes

why can’t we choose the character 60 lvl? @ Luxendra

1 Like

Because it’s called the Starting Experience :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Everything is explained here: PTR: Welcome and Thank you - Revamped Starting Experience and Greatsword

1 Like

7 Likes

I’ll be honest, there’s a lot of us who don’t have any interest in the starting experience. Instead of forcing it on us, let us choose. I want to test the great sword and combat, not level a fresh character on the PTR, and I know I’m not the only one.

1 Like

You can find a greatsword in the starting experience. (Also explained in the welcome message)

4 Likes

But they’re not testing lvl 60 content nor combat at this time. it’s the new starting experience that’s being tested.

4 Likes

True, but I can’t test it with all the abilities without leveling it all the way to 20 on a fresh character with no gear. I can’t see how it performs with equivalent gear to what I have on the Live Servers. PTR is supposed to exist so that we can help you test things for live implementation. I’m not leveling a new character on live, I’m a geared level 60 player.

This is a test server, it’s incremental. You test the things that are the focal point. Level 60 is not a focus point, it’s early game mechanics, specifically with greatsword - If you read the entire notes,.

Kinda funny fighting over 20 people for a boar:) - Now, why is there a loading queue for PTR that’s a better question. Let’s stress test this.

1 Like

This is a rolling PTR so other features will come later.

They are also testing the weapons and combat experience. Most people playing this game are already max level and want to test what things are like at that max level, not for something they won’t be doing (i.e. leveling characters).

1 Like

I think this is why it makes sense to have “pro-tester” status submitting bugs etc, because those that are trying to break things cant actually get in.

My friend, this PTR is dedicated to this:

The STARTING EXPERIENCE.

5 Likes

AND Greatsword, AND combat/balance. They added more than just new starting zones.

2 Likes

Must have overlooked this post my friend.

1 Like

Keyword: Incremental

7 Likes

Oh my goodness. I keep seeing complaints like these. Did you guys even read the PTR notes? They are rolling changes incrementally with the “Starting Experience” as the first focal point. We will eventually get to the other additions; we just start with this one. If you don’t want to test this part, wait a few weeks.

7 Likes