Why so much hate with tanks AGS?

i agree with what you said, i also do high lvl mutations but i think you got confused about the post. That’s not the point, but I appreciate your contribution.

1 Like

@Luxendra

In SWToR if you get taunted by a tank and you ignore the tank and damage someone else, you damage yourself. I thought that was a pretty good way to make taunt valid in PvP.

2 Likes

cause tank racism exists

1 Like

not to mention we have a literal sword master role that is nerfed using a mere half stat sword of attribute points but offers very useful perks like the leadership, sword dash and the stab.

1 Like

I agree with this point only. As a tank player i don’t recognize any of the problems you are mentioning in 2. and 3.

As for the 4. , yeah having better gear always helps but they could simply buff crafting RNG instead, i think it’s silly to get pretty close to bis legendaries by just running a few dungeons.

interesting, but very strong

true

but the cd of our skills is high, obviously I’m talking about the ones on the right side, which are the most focused on the defensive part. Just compare with other weapons, we are among the biggest cds. However, many weapons have passives that effectively reduce skill cds, but the sword does not.

About the constitution bonuses, ok, your opinion.

On your last point, I agree. crafting in this game is very abusive, with unnecessary rng

1 Like

It wasn’t like full damage. It was a % of damage. It would be more or less like a good DoT. Not so much that they kill themselves but enough annoyance that they wouldn’t want to really ignore the taunt.

1 Like

understand, interesting, and since the taunt lasts for a maximum of 8 seconds, it’s fair

1 Like

probably would need a taunt chain effect to show who you are linked to and how.

all things considered multiple tanks will make this very confusing.

1 Like

agree

This is true. Maybe they can put red arrow over head like we can tag mobs with. It would have to be non stackable from multiple tanks.

1 Like

I agree, Im a healer but tried to be a tank once and I can see what a hard and thankless job it is. CDs are too long on Sword/shield, blocking is really only way to mitigate a lot of damage and there is little incentives to go past 200 in CON.

2 Likes

not to mention that even with the tower shield and sturdy, you can block only few boss attacks

I feel this so much, all this especially the attribute points and drops.
And if i do sacrifice my gem slot why cant i just have almost permanent agro?
Makes no sense for the long timers on abilities.
The whole agro/taunt system needs a change.

2 Likes

Agree with every point. About to give up tanking (and the whole game for that matter). Our taunt CDs are too long. But NW doesnt seem to care. these tank threads crop up periodically only to be ignored.

1 Like

I agree, they could be based on lost ark, in which the taunt, in addition to generating threat, cancels some boss mechanics.

unfortunately we seem to be a lower class in the eyes of devs

2 Likes