Windowed Bug cannot make window bigger

My game is stuck in a small window. No Matter what i do it will not go into full screen and the window cannot be sized bigger impossible to play the game like this I have put in several tickets and not once has anyone replied to me.

I uninstalled this game several times and re installed.
I really would like to give this game another try.
I am so frustrated right now because no one will even respond to my dilemma.
So Sad.
I even have gone on u tube and looked for solutions…tried everything.

Hello @Zandrama,

I am sorry to hear you seem to be having issues with getting stuck on a size in windowed mode. While there is no specific in-game setting that would cause this, here are some things you can try to troubleshoot this:

1. Ensure your video drivers are up to date.
  2. Set Windows power settings to High Performance.
  • Press Windows + R, type “powercfg.cpl” into the Run window, and then press Enter.
  • Select the radio button next to the High performance power plan. You may need to click Show additional plans first.
  1. Adjust your in-game video settings. (sometimes just changing them back and forth will reset the issue)
  2. Clean boot Windows by following these instructions:
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows (to reduce startup applications/Check for Malware).
  3. Reset your video driver software to the default settings.
  4. Check for evidence of overheating.
  5. Please verify the integrity of game with the Steam integrity check
    How To run a Steam Integrity Check

If the issue persists after this, the scenario will require our tech team to look into your logs and follow up directly with other possibly sensitive account information that is best not posted on the forums so it would be best if you could please create a web ticket by going to Contact Us | Amazon Games.

I hope this helps and if not, do not hesitate reaching out to live support.

See you in Aeternum! :wolf:

Hi there…I tried everything you said…nothing fixes it. BTW I have a pretty decent system as well…only a 1660TI card but 16 Gigs of ram too. All the latest drivers up to date.

I have put in a ticket…but I am skeptical in getting a return answer… put in 4 tickets over the last month or so and not one response. Never had this ever happen in all the games I have played.

Hello @Zandrama,

I am sorry to hear about your experiences with past tickets but this is definitely the way to go. Please keep me posted by the end of the week with what response you have received and I’ll check up on that.

See you in Aeternum! :wolf:

Hey there…yeah I have no idea whats going on absolutely no response ticket has been in for 5 days now. I dont understand why I am not getting any response at all…even to say I cannot help you. I include my email…in my signature. Any help of course would be much appreciated…would like to give the game another go.

Hello @Zandrama,

I am sorry to hear of this situation. Please let me have your character’s name, server it is on and level and I will look at the information on the back end to see what may have happened.

I will be waiting on your response. :wolf:

Hi again…Server is Aukumea
Character name is…Cryptica
Lvl…21

Note: still no response…like am invisible…darn.
It’s very strange no response from a big company like this.
Anyways…thanks in advance for any assistance.

Another toon is Crypticas…lvl 8…El Dorado I think the ticket was put in for Crypticas…if am not mistaken.

Hello @Zandrama,

Thank you for sharing this information. Looking at your contact history, the last one I found was an outgoing message from November 10th in response to your request to create a ticket. Perhaps it was delivered to your spam or junk folders.

Basically, what is being requested is:
1- a screenshot of your visual settings.
2- List the troubleshooting you have tried (you may add this forum’s URL as reference).
3- Additionally, please add your logs when you contact again.

Here are the steps to retrieve the logs you will need to send for your ticket:

• Navigate to Users\your username\AppData\Local\AGS\New World\LogBackups AppData
  • This folder can be a “hidden folder” so please make sure you un-hide it by following this steps:
  • Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
  • Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
  • Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select “Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.

Please visit the contact us link I provided earlier and enter all this information in a new ticket, explaining this is what was requested of you.

I will keep an eye on this thread in case you need more assistance later on.

Good luck! :wolf:

Thanks very much…I appreciate the effort.
I will do as requested and see if we can get this resolved.
It’s only a computer for heavens sakes should be no problem…in this day and age. LoL.
I will keep in touch.

1 Like