With 80% playerbase loss - its time to bring back Full loot?

i disagree
this will fix nothing but add more problems

1 Like

This is a t-i-i-i-ny baby-step in the right direction (posted 2hr ago):

https://forums.newworld.com/t/dev-blog-pvp-war-and-territory/494952

Trash devs keep ruining this game. Trade disable, Trading Post disabled what else will they disable ? :expressionless:

Just look how well mortal online did with it’s full loot pvp… Why not make us only have 1 life aswell so IF you die you need to relevel 1-60 again. Full loot pvp Will not fix a thing and it has been proven that only a very small amount off players in the world like it. For a mmo to Be successful you need both pve and pvp not only one thing. Eaven Escape from Tarkov have pve implements to make more players like the game. The big issue is still the game engine that according to the coders they dont like to work in it. And I dont know about you guys but if somone hands me a bent spanner and ask me to do a job I can guarantie I Will not be happy doing it.

That Will only help kill of the game… So good job, Have a little faith in the devs it’s the directors at ags that is the problem. And just because they dont reply to every comments that every one makes dosent meen they arent reading them.

What faith, they are shipping company that has below average IQ when it comes to MMO

I still said have faith in the devs, they arent some warehouse workers they have been hierd from other studios. According to the devs it’s the leadership that is not up to snuff, the devs said time and time again that the engine the game is rundning on is bad and should have been swaped out right at the start. If the leadership gives you a turd and say that you should polish it, it’s going to still be shit but with better grafics. I hope that the ceos and other leaders starts to listen to the devs since it’s the only way to get som very needed fixes to Come quickly.

according to the dev that left, its the actual game engine that isn’t up to snuff

1 Like

The “Turd” was my refferance to the game engine :yum:

I dont like full loot…

And im still here playing…

NO full loot PvP… Maybe 1% drop of your gold or 1% drop of the tier1 resources randomly you carry in a bagdrop

So then what’s the point of resources and crafting? Just a one time thing? Recipe for stale economy.

Devs you call trash are not the ones deciding on what to fix and what to disable next, project managers are the ones that give the call, learn about developing and company structure before calling people trash.

But all people who post here are against full loot trash. So you are wrong :slight_smile:

Or just nothing drops and you flag if you feel like doing PvP. Like it is now. It is good that way. Most people don’t want to be forced into something. Adding anything like that makes the game loose like 80 or 90% of players instantly.

I have a history of full loot pvp games, but this dude has a few good points…

3 Likes

Ah yes, i ever wanted to gather two hours some materials just to get rekt by some people and loose all i got + farm set! The best way to waste lifetime. What a great idea. Would be so much fun i cant imagine.

1 Like

How would that solve the problem?
Most issues with the game now it’s because of bugs. Stop trying to force PvP on people!

1 Like

So did you expect that more than 900k people still playing the game? That’s crazy thought, most of the people go away because this game isn’t for them, or they prefer another MMOs, or RTS. Look for the statistics of the other most player MMOs on Steam, you’ll be surprised.

AGS pulled off the same insane 180°-turn with PvP that they also did with the combat system and stagger. The system was not flawless, but the concept behind it was sound and everything was deisgned to work great together.

For anybody not knowing how PvP worked back in closed Alpha (from The Evolution of New World’s PvP - News | New World).

PvP was …

… full loot and open world with only Outposts acting as sanctuaries. Everyone was vulnerable to attack, at any time, from other players in the rest of the world. In order to attack, players would flag Criminal Intent. If you died as a Criminal you would experience full gear and inventory loss. If you died to a Criminal you would lose all of your inventory but keep your equipped gear with durability damage taken.
One of the problems we observed with this system was that some high level players were killing low level players, A LOT. Sometimes exclusively. This often led to solo or group griefing scenarios that created a toxic environment for many players.

That being said, for me there are three kinds of PvP-environments and I want to show that New World never was the typical “Full-loot PvP” game.

A: always vulnerable / always ready to attack
(forced PvP like e.g. Rust)

B: always vulnerable / not always ready to attack
(forced PvP, but with predator opt-in like New World’s closed Alpha PvP)

C: not always vulnerable / not always ready to attack
(full opt-in PvP like we have in New World now)

Given that you could only flag Criminal Intent in safezones (like we nowadays can only flag PvP in settlements) I find that New World version of PvP was designed exactly the right way to accomodate very passionate PvP-players and risk-averse players.

Firstly, there was a constant excitement from the threat of being vulnaerable to attack and this made for a very interesting play-style, both in solo play and also in groups and companies. Offering protection and providing equiptment and consumables was a main task of companies. Players devided into gatherers and guards to get materials from one side of the map to the other.
Secondly, there was room for peaceful players not flagged Criminal gathering side-by-side and one wouldn’t have to worry that the other player cheap shot you after you gathered all the trees or mined the iron (because without being flagged Criminal you couldn’t attack). But in case a gank squad or a high level pker came along you would immediately see that they flagged Criminal and could flee (which you can nowadays even better).
Thirdly, in case a Criminal caught you off guard you could hope that a fellow random player not flagged Criminal could help you and fight off the Criminal (which is not possible today beacuse you completely opt-out of the PvP world and can’t interact).

I am unsure if this system would help improve the state of the economy but it would certainly encourage crafting and gathering beacuse of the additional item sink. It would also help in slowing down the process of leveling and people reaching the level 60 too fast.
In my opinion AGS should have kept this system and implemented additional features to make ganking less interesting or more punishing. E.g. integrating a most wanted mechanic where players that killed lower level players get a reward on their heads or are marked on the world map to see for everyone. I could even imagine a Criminal scale depending on the severity of the players toxicity (a Criminal career similar to a Karma system) from Mugger to Footpad to Outlaw to Most Wanted with different benefits and downsides attached.

2 Likes

If you want to talk about things, AGS should not have kicked, like they did, i would say the bigger loss was having no building at all. Here is where the game lost it’s most important resource sink. and also a big part of it’s heart, you are shipwrecked on an island and want to conquer it, but are not allowed to build a homestead of outpost. I know the open world building needed to change, but we could have it instanced for players and companies and open world for governing companies aka the forts each territory has. If these where free build by the players we could have a whole new level to pvp, because having good designs or massive amounts of resources would change how those battles play out.