We’re seeing a lot of people offer advice and workarounds for some of the Known Issues we have on our list so while we are working on full fixes for these items, you can try some of these workarounds!
As always, you can see if the issue you’re experiencing is on our Known Issues List and if there is a workaround, it will be posted here.
Players who entered Brimstone Sands without a T5 Azoth Staff may be unable to enter the Motherwell to continue the questline
The team is in the process of fixing this issue.
Left button Mouse Click stops registering for attacks
Try any of these methods:
- Die and respawn
- Gather another object using a tool (must be a tool - bushes, flint, and other non-tool gatherables won’t count)
- Exit the game for 2+ minutes until your character persistence is removed
- Enter and exit fishing mode (no actual fishing needed)
Gathering does not work properly
Try gathering the node again.
Group Healing is not working properly
The team is currently testing a possible fix. In the meantime, when casting the targeted heal only press the cast input once. Multiple quick inputs before the cast stars will disable changing targets.
Refining Gearsets Not Increasing Bonus Roll Chance
This is a UI issue that will be fixed in a future update. We have confirmed that the bonus is being applied properly.
Not receiving a Main Story Quest after completing Brimstone Under Siege
After completing the Main Story Quest to defeat the Tempest, the quest series may appear to be over when you turn that quest in, but it actually picks back up again if you take “Strider of the Sands,” available from either Great Cleave, Shattered Mountain, or Ebonscale Reach.
After you’ve given yourself the Desert Cerate, you can enter Brimstone and then the Brimstone Main Story starts on the character “Ghazi” after you turn in ‘Strider’.
The Journal is unaccessible after completing the quest 'Head of the Snake'.
Complete an active quest or accepting a new quest.
Players can access Brimstone Sands but do not receive quests after completing "Brimstone Under Siege"
Make sure you complete the questline “A Selfless Nature” up to receiving the Tier 5 Azoth staff before proceeding back to Brimstone Sands
Note: do not proceed to Brimstone Sands until you receive that T5 Azoth staff. For those of you who did, we are working on a fix.
Crafted tools and satchels not providing the 600GS perk
Currently fixed. We are planning on releasing compensation in the future. Please see the patch fix notice here.
1. To get all 5 perks, do not use a crafting mod. We are currently working on a fix.
Trading Post states that your settlement's storage is full
Last Boss in the Barnacles and Black Powder Expedition Issue
- When you approach the last boss, do not enter the room/arena until you see the Tornado show up. In most cases, it will appear in a few seconds, but sometimes it can take a few minutes
Storage did not increase
- Remove all of the chests in your house
- Leave the house
- Go back into the house
- Place the chests down again
- You may need to do this every time you log in.
My Indigo Twitch Drop Disappeared!
- It currently has the wrong icon but should not have disappeared!
No Map, UI or Sound Effects in Outpost Rush
- Restart game
Unable to hear ambient music on beaches
- Shut down the game
- Verify game files on steam
- Restart the game
- Reset settings back to default
"**@mm_loginservices_TooManyRequestsException**" error when in queue
- When the error pops up, just click OK, then after a few minutes you should get back in queue at the old position
Pressing 'E' does not interact with the environment
Our QA team is currently hunting down the full source of this incredibly frustrating bug, but they did come up with a a workaround that has shown some promise:
To address your ‘E’ key not working correctly
- Close the game.
- Delete the “savedata” folder in %appdata%/AGS/New World/ (copy that string in File Explorer) - Or C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\AGS\New World (replace with your [UserName] in the path)
- Log back in and play with default key binding.
- See if it fixes the issue.
My Camera Zooms in when not in Combat or Moving
- Talk to an NPC
- See if it fixes the issue.