World set transfer - is this possible?

Heya,

I was hoping for a bit of clarification on the topic of transfers between servers, namely inter-world set transfers.

We have about 1/3 of our company on another server within the same world set (due to server lock) and are hoping to transfer to their server however, there is a statement on the server transfer mega thread that reads (and is causing a bit of debate among us) - " * You cannot move your character to a world set that you have an existing character in already."

Does this mean we will have to change to a new world set completely, or is it possible to move to another server within the same world set?

Appreciate any clarification on this matter.

Can you also, please clarify when will the transfer token be available?
It was very vague on the transfer post from the community manager posted last weekend.
“They will be available next week”

I thought it was pretty clearly explained that you can transfer between any server within region. As long as you dont plan on changing region there should be no problem with going to different world set.

Its more confusion around changing to a different server within the same world set that prompted this question.

Unfortunately it does not clearly state this. Amongst the exceptions is “You cannot move your character to a world set that you have an existing character in already.”

Technically, we already have a character on the server set we are looking to transfer into, so according to the letter of the law of that statement, we would not be able to transfer a character to a different server within the same world set, even though after the transfer there would still only be one character in the world set.

It could go either way based on how they program it. A small difference in syntax can make a huge difference in result both for programming as well as the English language.

So as the statement is worded, we likely would not be able to do this move. [even though such a move would not violate the intent to limit to 1 char/set] If we were able to, a couple changes in wording could clarify that fact:
“You cannot move your character to a world set that you have a DIFFERENT existing character in already.”
or
“You cannot move your character to a world set if that move would result in the world set having more than one character”

NOTE: These last two sentences are proposed changes in wording provided transfer within world sets is possible. I am not saying these are what NW is saying/has said, but rather what I hope they will say.

Has there been any discussion from a Dev or Support person concerning this? I just want a clear answer. I dont care about EU - US West, I just need to know if i can move from ‘Arkadia Kappa - Mu’ to ‘Arkadia Kappa - Bentusle’.

Am I burning my main character to play with my friends or are they going to allow transfers like I stated?

I did not realise someone would want to transfer if they have already managed to get into the server they wanted. Purpose of the free transfer is to help those who could not get into the server they wanted to and where they friends play.

Hey guys
Let’s try to keep all the questions on the same thread, please go ahead and check the following link:

You do have to wait since there are tons of questions about this but the best option is to check it there :smiley: