WTF is with the ducks?

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: VidGameBoy
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Oceana
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Every single settlement there are ducks honking in the ambient sound in the background. I Cant turn them down or off and EVIDENTALLY not everyone hears them.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: This is the most annoying sound bug on the planet
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No. My ears are bleeding
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: No idea as it isnt happening to everyone. I’ve only found one other person who also hears it.
1 Like

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Ravenalia
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Falias
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Every single settlement there are ducks/cranes honking. I can’t turn them down or off.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: This is the most annoying sound bug on the planet and it’s so annoying I don’t even want to play any more.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No. My ears are bleeding!
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just play the game. It’s happening in mine as well as my husband’s.

lol…
I have heard these ‘ducks’ in certain parts of the towns. I thought they were geese.

I dont mind them, they may be a bit loud the closer you are to where they are.
Or are they?

I spent 10 minutes looking for the geese and couldn’t find them. I followed their sound, the louder they got the closer I thought I was… But there were NO geese/ducks.

There are cranes in Reekwater that make the sound when you scare them but why on earth the sound in being made while you’re in town and at such an obnoxious level is beyond me. LOL

I guess i didn’t search hard enough before i made my bug report about this yesterday, but I know the cause and made a video about it. Link to my report:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.